Sheryl Crow

Cell Phone May Have

Caused Brain Tumor

9/10/2012 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

091012_sheryl_launch
Sheryl Crow believes excessive cell phone use may be to blame for the benign tumor in her brain.

Crow just appeared on Katie Couric's new show and said the tumor is located in her "cell phone area" ... and says, "I do have the theory that it's possible that it's related to [cell phone use]."

Crow admits her theory has not been confirmed by doctors, but says she's convinced because "[in the] early early days when I was promoting my first record, I did hours of phoners on the old archaic cell phones."

The singer says it became difficult to carry on normal conversations ... claiming she felt "mushy" ... and at one point she was convinced she had early onset Alzheimer's.

Later, she learned she had a benign tumor the size of her pinky that's located between her skull and the lining of her brain.

Crow told Katie the tumor is "nothing I have to worry about" but says it's important to monitor the situation.

Virtual Insanity

The theory is out there. However, I suspect Crowe would be dealing with a malignant growth if a cell phone were to blame. She is very lucky that the tumor is in the extra-axial space. It doesn't seem big, but it actually is. I hope the cognitive issues she discussed are better now.

romba

This idiot and Jenny McCarthy should go detoxify themselves by drinking bleach.

Clem

Perhaps the tumor was caused by Lance Armstrong's juiced juice?

bionicduck

It's official, she's retarded.

BonitaBeaver

Bet she still puts her cell phone to her head

Msfriss

I am living with a Mengianoma too... A doctor once told me that they are normally found in Autopsies. She should be happy they found it now. ( Mary Tyler Moore also had one - she had elective surgery to remove it though)

larry

Stupid woman shut the front door

Prnzess

Coming from the same person who blamed water bottles for her breast cancer in 2006. I guess we are all going to die of brain tumors and breast cancer.

craig

Yes...def cellphones caused it...forget the millions spent to prove it is impossible...forget the fact she snorts coke off the c0ck...forget that nobody in the history of the world got cancer in such a way but my money is on cellular phone waves for her cause of cancer.

William

First she blamed her breast cancer on plastic water bottles, now she thinks a cell phone caused her brain tumor, she's wacko.....she probably caught that from Lance Armstrong's shriveled testicle....

Jay W.

Sheryl Suzanne Crow
Born: February 11, 1962 (age 50), Kennett
Height: 5' 3" (160... m)

Hope she has many years left to live.
Now allow me to go off topic. She looks f...king great for her age. She's a little 5'3 110 lb. spinner.
Viva Sheryl.

adam619

I had a meningioma removed on June 26th and was back to work 2 weeks later. They are the easiest form of brain tumor removal and not very difficult to deal with. Mine was discovered due to deteriorating vision in one eye and memory issues. Everything is back to normal since my surgery. It is surprisingly easy to handle physically. headaches for a little over a week, then that was pretty much it. If she needs surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix is top notch (and they are the ones where Brett Michaels had his AVM surgery done a couple years ago).

Purple Label

You cant rely on US studies regarding cell phones and cancer. The European studies believe there is a link One more thing its interesting that Crow stated she believed she had early onset of Alzheimer's. The European studies also say that cell phones affect your cognitive abilities ie how the brain processes incoming information.

latestdiets.net

she had sex with lance armstrong while they both were talking on their cell phones. they would then drink water out of plastic bottles and eat soybeans together.

Cheryl went on to write a book on her life titled, "Don't *** in my hair or eyes".

Truth

THIS IS NO SECRET... IT WAS A THEORY THEN BECAME FACT BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S WHEN THE BRICK CELL FONES WERE USED.... THAT EXCESSIVE LONG TERM USE OF BRICK CELL FONES BACK IN THE DAY IS CONTRIBUTORY TO CANCER AND TUMORS VIA RADIATION LEAKAGE. #TRUTH!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments