Khloe Kardashian

Simon's Pick

For 'X Factor'

9/11/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0911_khloe_kardashian_x_factor_articleSimon Cowell has made his decision ... he wants Khloe Kardashian to host "X Factor" and it's now in the hands of FOX -- network sources tell TMZ.

Our sources say Simon made the case that Khloe is a big draw who will complete the circle of making the show decidedly younger than last season. Khloe has a connection to Britney Spears and Demi Lovato and Simon believes the three of them create an authentic vibe that none of the other potential hosts bring to the table.

We're told FOX must now sign off on Simon's choice and that decision is expected within a week.

One source said it's "highly likely" the network will give Khloe its stamp of approval.

justagirl

Thank you, Simon. I really enjoyed the X Factor AND the Voice last season. Since they are running at the same time, you just made my decision easier by gunning for Kloe to host the show. BIG MISTAKE. My vote goes to The Voice! I hope you will be offering your apologies to Britney for a low rated season because of your poor decision making over a non-talented, over-exposed host who nobody wants to see or hear.

nyc44th

It's pathetic how far TMZ and Harvey's head are up the Kardashian a-z-z-e-s. Notice they are not even running a piece about the Today show running a ridiculous interview on The Kardashian mother instead of covering the moment of silence at Ground Zero over THIS fluff piece! It's time all this Kardashian BS stops!!

campy

That's the nail in the coffin for Season 2. What a bummer. It was good while it lasted.

Annie

how can he pick someone with no talent to judge people who have talent?

BECKER

First Idol hires losers now X-Factor is hiring a bigger loser. It looks like The Voice will win. Oh wait Fatina is on The Voice never mind I will watch old movies instead

Brady

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev the Realist

What a great reason for NOT WATCHING. The KRAPDASHIANS have NO talent SIMON, you dumb ass.

janet

Yeah, she's the same draw that got her husband booted off of 2 pro basketball teams.

It's all the same crap just with different names.

Also @nyc44th...I agree, the Today show for the past 10 years always had a moment of silence but chose not to because of Kris Jenners self-serving interview? That's disgusting.

Sally

Can someone please tell me what talent this woman has? With all of the talent out there I am shocked at Simon's choice. He must be on drugs!!!! Hopefully, Fox will realize that there is no talent there and that they stand a good change they will lose viewers.

StarryStarryNight

he must have a death wish for the x factor.

Harlin's Garage

Folks, ALL these American Karioke's Got You Think You Can Dump shows have jumped the shark....
We are tired of the same ole crap, nobody can remember the "CHAMP" from season to season, episode to episode, give us all in American a freakin break and come up with an original format for once, and NOT rehash some 20K pyramid nonsense either.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kansas1950

Will not watch...insult to anyone watching and anyone being 'judged' by this no talent.

LCS27

I hate the Kardashian too. But am I going crazy or am I really the only one WHO CAN F... READ THE F...WORD HOST IN THIS F...ARTICLE? SHE'S NOT GONNA BE A JUDGE. Good Lord!

Buddy

So long X Factor... if KK is hostess, you've lost a ton of viewers and the show will bomb believe me...so many young talented people in LA that could host...not another millionaire

WiddoMouse

I personally don't care for the Kardashian Klan, but Simon Cowell generally makes smart decisions so I'll take a "wait and see" attitude toward this choice.