« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Charged with Battery

9/12/2012 1:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912-tmz-chad-johnson
Chad Johnson has officially been charged with misdemeanor battery after allegedly headbutting his wife Evelyn Lozada during a nuclear argument last month, this according to the State Attorney for Broward County, Florida.

If convicted, Chad faces up to a year in jail.

As we reported, Chad was arrested for domestic violence in Florida on August 11th after a fight over a condom receipt allegedly turned violent. Evelyn told police Chad headbutted her.

At the time of the fight, Evelyn and Chad had barely been married a month. Evelyn has since filed for divorce, claiming their marriage had become "irretrievably broken."

Chad is refusing to sign any divorce papers, insisting he's still in love with her.

Chad was also dropped from the Miami Dolphins following his arrest. He's now a free agent.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rich

SADLY this is a "blue-print" how one man can destroy a multimillionaire job not to mention ruining his life. Can you say STUPID A.S

Shirley Ricci

I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do,.Read More

janet

Back to your real name, Chad Johnson. OCHO CINCO is OUCHO SEIS. 85 is 86'd.

Q

Chad is a dumbass for marrying Evelyn, she is a high class hood-rat. Come on dude, you should of learned to stay away from women like her in high school! Evelyn has nothing else going on for herself and she's about to make $$$ from Chad's stupidity.

Oh A 💛💋

Their both stupid ass people !

Marlena

If you love someone bash your head into their face or punch them in the face - it really shows how much you love them - just ask Rihanna

assmouth

If he gets a tattoo on his neck of her I bet he gets her back

Ryder702

I'm not saying he should've head butt her but she isn't all mrs. nice girl either she's a straight up B I T C H . I know there's more to it than that they're both pieces of **** haven't you guys watched Basketball wives so don't act like she's a saint .

Rose

Wow !!! I don't care :))

bjay

Evil-lyn is done with Chad. His football career is over, his tv career is over, he's now charged with assault and EVIL-lynn is jumping off the gravy train before it completely derails. She'll soon be slithering over to her next victim/husband and God help the fool she chooses next.

Nicoleasm

Whatever, no worries about jail time...men always get off the 1st, 2nd, 3rd time. He'll get anger management requirements, then it'll be dismissed

janet

Johnson, get a lawyer. granted headbutting is not good but, barely married a month? guess she is already going for the legal factor.

Johnson, look at the bright side, dumped by 2 teams, no money

justagirl

Will someone please explain how Chad or any guy could be "in love" with a woman while !@#$%$ around?

backfire

He should get together with Kanye

Joao

Now I get it... all those antics were him he was kissing up to that chick and the court, hoping that they'd drop any charges---not to mention that he doesn't want to pay out the prenup money he stashed away. This guy is a perfect example of how arrogance is blinding. He has no idea of what a bloody idiot he looks like to the world. But I blame the folks that kept give him breaks and not consequences. An idiot like that guy views breaks as weakness. Just imagine what what the story would be if the Dolphins was stupid enough to keep him. He would have thought that he got over AGAIN... and from the impression of what I've read, that Evelyn chick might have hung around a little longer to cash in... and then he'd/they'd come up with some stupid reality show to cash in on their "reconciliation" or go on Dr. Jew, I mean Drew... and he'd exploit them and more drama on and off the field. I'm bored even thinking about it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments