Chris Brown

Caught Being a

Nice Guy

9/12/2012 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0911_chris_brown_ice_cream_man_compositeWho screams for ice cream? Chris Brown screams for ice cream ... and so did the 60 plus kids he bought it for last week in a random act of kindness ... yup, we said kindness ... and Chris Brown.

The singer was in L.A. last week, volunteering with the Jenesse Center -- a non-profit domestic violence and prevention organization -- to host their "Back To School Festival" ... where youngsters (involved in domestic violence households) were outfitted with school supplies.

Sources tell TMZ ... while working the festival, Brown saw an ice cream truck outside the event ... and decided to buy all the little tykes and adults in attendance some of the creamy goodness.

We're told Brown -- who has been involved with the organization since 2009 (yeah that year) -- wasn't asked to shell out for the treat ... he did it totally on his own.

All in all he dropped a few hundred bucks ... but made a lot of kids smile.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Anonymous

what a great person! he is such a nice person, fortune is so incredible!

Anonymous

What a great article, what a great album, what a great person, chris brown deserves all this positive recognition because he has released the best music, what a true legend!

Team Breezy FL

Chris has always been willing to help with the kids. His charity "Symphonic Love" is for them. Everyone saying that he has a violent temper is incorrect. He has never and will never harm a child. Don't be so quick to spew hate because of a TEENAGE mistake. Let the past be the past

nOt24seven

It’s great to see something positive being said about Chris and what he does for others..people fail to see that he is human just like they are, but unlike those that just read about someone else doing good, he actually acts on his passion to do for others selflessly for the sake of helping. Fans have known for years, since he hit the music scene with his God given talents that Chris has a big heart and now the rest of the world gets to see a glimpse of how much Chris cares for others. At the end of the day, I’m proud to support a young man that hasn’t let fame get to his head but rather uses his popularity to bring attention to matters that he finds important and needs to be addressed. I feel sorry for those that can’t look past..the past.

God isn’t going to ask you about what others have done in their lives, He will only be concerned about what you have done and how you have treated others..

"Live your life, live your life, let the love inside.
It’s your life, it’s your life" - Beautiful People

Michelle

It's SOOOOOO NICE to finally see someone acknowledge all the good things Chris does, he always gives to charity and donates his time and effort yet his good actions are constantly overshadowed by hateful comments and poor social media. Why is it he gets slammed for everything he does even if its for good? Give the guy a break he has a HUGE heart and is trying his hardest to be the best person he can be. THANK YOU for writing such a positive piece on him it warms my heart. I just hope more people get to see the caring and giving side of Chris that i've always loved. He is an amazingly talented artists but most of all a person just like you and I trying to better himself. People need to stop being so negative. I's like to see the last time you bought everyone around you and ice-cream. Keep up the great work Chris!

Love Ya!!
#teambreezy

john

wife beater and tats covering every inch of his arm, nice role model.

Jenik47

Right after he took nude photos of his penis and let them get out to the internet! Classy guy! SMFH!

Crystal

Im sure EVERY single person that has posted something negative has made mistakes they wish they could take back. You learn from mistakes; I think Chris is doing just that.

I dont see why people have to be negative about him doing something positive.

Stacee

I would never let kids go near that creep. He can give away free houses for all I care. What a disgusting creature.

Jade

Just to start things off,
1. I would like to say thank you TMZ for finally posting something nice about Chris and acknowledging that he is a kind person.
2. Before anybody comes to comment on my comment to bash Chris and what I'm saying about him, I want you to pause for a minute and realize that he made a MISTAKE in his past. Yes, what he did was wrong but it was a mistake that ANYBODY make.
3. Chris is NOT a horrible person. Yes, I am a fan but I am a fan that has had the opportunity to be around Chris. The mistake that he has made in his past should not define who he is and he does not let it define who he is. You think he woke up that morning and was like "I’m going to hit this girl." NO. He is not that person that the media portrays him to be. One time he said he would never be "that guy". Now imagine waking up one day and you're that person who you said you would never become. Don't be foolish, you can say all that you want and preach about how you won’t do this and that but you could be the 'monster" that people falsely label Chris as, today or tomorrow.
4. All of the negativity that he gets for every single thing he does is really ridiculous,[ he could walk across the street and there's a problem]. People are so quick to judge and to point fingers but take a look at yourself. None of you are perfect. None of you have gone through life without making mistakes.
5. It tickles me that Chris seems to be the "poster child" of domestic violence and bashed in the media. But for example, Charlie Sheen [let’s not forget, who was charged for domestic violence also] was shown on TMZ chatting and laughing with one of the correspondents during a segment on the show. [I know this because I watch TMZ]. Despite being charged with the same crime, Chris seemed to be getting viewed as a villain while Charlie was "winning". Doesn’t make sense, right?
6. I’m done. Have a nice day.

Jade

Just to start things off,
6. Get the album, FORTUNE http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fortune-deluxe-version/id531721303

James Roc

So his Publicist had a good idea.. good for his publicist..

Shy B

I don't think the tat looks like Rihanna at all however I do think that a man convicted of domestic abuse getting a tattoo of what appears to be a battered woman is more than stupid, insensitive, and downright offensive. He's an adult with what appears to be a brain...what was he thinking about with this one. Artistry is sometimes obnoxious so apparently that's what he wants us to know about him. He is portraying himself as an obnoxious ******* with an attraction to insecure women. She can do better and he can be better…get off the coke and clear your mind so you can clearly see how you look out here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5