Matt Lauer

There is NO BEEF

With Al Roker

9/12/2012 6:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

091212_matt_lauer_launch
Matt Lauer does NOT believe Al Roker is trying to sabotage the "Today" show ... despite his crazy antics ... telling TMZ that any talk of a riff between Al and the show is nothing more than a "rumor."

Matt was on his way home from the gym in NYC yesterday when we asked about all of the drama with the "Today" show ... including the fact that rival "Good Morning America" has TAKEN OVER as ratings leader in the morning news war.

"We feel the heat every day," Lauer says ... "but we have for the last 20 years that I've been there."

"We're just trying to do the best show we can do every single day ... and I think we're doing a good job right now ... and I think the cycle will reverse."

As for Al Roker's pattern of bizarre behavior on the air since his good friend Ann Curry was fired from the show ... it's clear Lauer doesn't seem too concerned about the situation.

Blah

Instead of talking about Al Roker, how about asking why the today show is standing behind their decision to have Kris Kardashian discuss her boob job?

This is an INSULT to the American people. It's saying that fake tits are important and interesting than having a moment of silence to those who lost their lives on 9/11.

And yet, even worse, TMZ, why aren't you discussing THIS???

sweetthing

I watch daily but in the last few months it seems to me that Matt is well a little smart mouthed at times and I really could care less for that. I would not take anyone's crap and I dont think the other workers should either, just saying~~~~~~~

david 183

No beef, and your not going bald.

georgia

I am so glad GMA has beaten the Today show! I and many others, have been boycotting the Today show since they invited Sarah Pain to co host for a week! THAT"S the week that the ratings went way down for the Today show..what was NBC thinking? putting Sarah on their show to tarnish it?? we don't want to watch Sarah Palin or any of her family!! let them go back to Alaska!! AND Ann Curry had to be the scapegoat for the low ratings and she got fired! when it was Sarah Pain's fault!!! now I hear there will be more boycotting of the Today show over that fact that the Today show did not honor the victims of 911 on Tuesday!! instead they continued their interview of the Kardashian family mother..again what was NBC thinking??? personally I love GMA and am so glad I boycotted Today and started watching them! and poor Ann...and thank goodness for Al Roker's humility! he knows what's going on!

Mayu

When the Today Show refused to observe the moment of silence because "they already covered 9/11" they lost any little respect I had for them. I don't care if you covered 9/11 till you were blue in the face, you observe the moment of silence in memory of the innocent victims and the heroes who gave their lives to save lives. But to not only not observe the moment of silence, but to also ignore it by talking about Kris Jenner's fake T*ts? So an old bag's not so fun bags was more important than the moment of silence? The woman who would not be famous but for her reality show that she would not have but for her spoiled little rich girl daughter's inability to keep her legs closed for cameras... was more important to talk to than to observe 60 seconds of silence. really?

roll3567

Al is the only thing on that show worth watching. don't most ppl want to watch local news in the morning anyway? big shake up coming.

sean

If you really listen to what Matt said about Al here, he didn't say that there weren't any problems, he just said "It's a rumor." But here's the thing: rumors are often true, so just saying "It's a rumor" means it COULD be true -- and Matt wouldn't be lying, because he didn't say there weren't any problems with Al.

Trooper Tom

I never understood the fascination with this over paid fence post

Rusty Shackleford

Matt having an original thought that wasnt given to him in his earpiece would be rarer than, well... rarer than..
hmm, nothing more inconcievable comes to mind.

wendy

twix ad is blocking my comment

scoopie

Al Roker is one of the "real" people on Today.. would love to know what he thought of seeing Kris Jenner talk about her cosmetic surgery instead of Today honoring the lost on 9/11 with a moment of silence. Just amazed by that, considering how close to Ground Zero the studios at Rock Center are.

whocares

....on the way home from the gym..... and he is wearing a suit and tie?

janet

Today show for the past 10 years on 9/11 just like everyone else, moment of silence respect No. Kris Jenners breast implants.

tracker

LETS SEE..INTERVIEW KRIS KRAPDASHIAN ABOUT HER BOOBS @845A.M WHEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS HOLDING A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR ALL THE LOST SOULS FROM 911..AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER STATION ACROSS THE COUNTRY..WELL I SAY 'DELUSIONAL MUCH MATT' YOUR RATINGS TANKED BIG TIME THIS MORNING,PEOPLE LEFT IN DROVES...

Dmariejrzy

I hate his balding azz! He's over rated and under talented****

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments