Nas & Kelis

We're Trying Not to

Hate Each Other's Guts

9/12/2012 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912-nas_kelis_tmzNas & Kelis are desperately trying to bury the hatchet after their famously bitter divorce war -- in fact, they're even trying to forge a FRIENDSHIP -- and Nas tells TMZ, it's all for their son.

You'll recall, Kelis filed for divorce from Nas in April 2009 and the split was nuclear. The two warred non-stop over custody of their son and money. Kelis said when she was 7 months pregnant she was broke yet Nas refused to give her a penny -- even for medical expenses.

Now, Nas tells TMZ, the two are trying to put the past behind them in order to develop a healthy relationship for the benefit of their 3-year-old son Knight -- but they are NOT reuniting romantically.

The rapper says they've been on good terms for a while now and he hopes it will continue. Nas and Kelis even grabbed dinner last night in L.A. together.

Impressive.

She's baaaack

Good for you. Murder-suicide. Try it.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

WTF is up with her Hair? That CHIT aint gonna bring all the boys to the yard!!!

Lipreng

Kelis once upon a time was worth near 5 million dollars. I wouldn't give her money either.

lbs

This is a "War/Roses"...nice would be letting him keep his $$$...

LiveOutLoud

What's that old song Johnnie Taylor used to sing . . . "It's Cheaper To Keep Her". Sang it Johnnie!

Noel

I have absolutely no idea who these losers are.

Trina

Of course she is being nice now, she took him for a lot of money and cried and whined to the judge to get what she wanted. She is one of those, let me pop out a kid and get paid kinda ladies, so sad.

taz

I was going to ask if these two are even still relevant, and then I saw the number of comments (12) and got my answer.

Shirley Ricci

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,.Read More

Phishie from Philly

Kelis looks like a dude! What up wit dat Nas. Is there something you want to tell us?
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

At least he didn't headbutt him, I mean her.
Phishie from Philly

Toilethead

That's cool. The rest of the world hates their guts.

lbs

Nas/Platinum 5 times I believe...he needs another to make the fan's remember...bring back that fire!

lbs

Somebody else's gonna bring you a shake &fries this time.

b