Tyler Perry

White Cops Cleared After Racial Profiling Allegations

9/12/2012 9:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0912-tyler-perry
The two white Atlanta police officers who Tyler Perry accused of being racist have been exonerated following an internal investigation by the Atlanta PD -- but it was pretty much the cops' word against Perry's.

As we previously reported, Perry accused the two cops of racially profiling him during a "hostile" traffic stop earlier this year -- when they pulled Perry over in his $110,000 Porsche for making an illegal left turn.

Perry claimed he was eventually let go without receiving a ticket -- because a black officer showed up to the scene and informed the two white officers that Perry was famous.

According to docs released by the Atlanta PD, the officers claim they couldn't see the driver behind his tinted windows, so racially profiling Perry would have been impossible.

The cops claim they believed Perry was driving a stolen car at the time -- because it matched a description of a stolen vehicle -- and that's the primary reason he was pulled over.

According to the report, there was no dashboard camera in either patrol car to back up the cops' testimony.

Following the investigation, an internal affairs officers stated, "I would submit the evidence shows the actions of both officers with the regard to the traffic stop of Mr. Perry were justified, lawful and proper."

A rep for Perry said the filmmaker is currently out of the country and cannot be reached for comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

AsYouWere!

Those cops knew what the **** they were doing, how convienent neither had any dash cams, so it would be their word against Tyler's. And to those who call Tyler a racist for casting mostly black actors in his movies; educate yourselves people, roles for black actors are not the easiest to come by. Which would make sense for Tyler to cast who ever the hell he wants simply because he's in the position to do so and to give deserving black actors a chance they probably would never get elsewhere in the film industry. (More LOVE, Less HATE😘)

MESA

This post is not about Tyler Perry's traffic stop, but is my opinion about Mr. Perry and his movies and T.V. shows. I don't know if anyone else has picked this up, but Perry's movies, T.V. shows, and film seem to mirror some of his "deep seated issues," related to sexuality. I am tired of seeing, or should I say hearing the same themes played out over and over again in his movies. However, I am glad he finally stopped exploiting the grit incident involvoing the Rev. Al Green ( Why Did I Get Married Too & Madea Family Reunion). Enough was enough! I want to support artists like Mr. Perry, but lately, I have been bored to tears, as his movies all seem to have the same message. Perhaps this is Mr. Perry's goal to "teach up all a message." Well, I think I am going to spend my money elsewhere. Also I saw a preview of Mr. Perry's new film in which he plays a dectective Cross.
One of the actor's lines is almost, if not identical to Leslie Nielson ( reference to his set of skills) line in the movie Taken. WOW! This movie may need more creativity and orginality.

GEORGINA MORO

OMG!! I cannot believe how vicious some people can be!!! I am Canadian so I don't know if it IS illegal to make a left-hand turn in the GREAT U.S. of A. that looks to me like you have many more racists the we do. Anyway, how many BEAUTIFUL women have been let-off for various offenses? Believe me - MORE than celebreties.
Leave Tyler Perry alone, I'm sure he prays for ALL of you....think about it. You do NOT know the pure soul of this man.

J

New news...Tyler Perry put money in a Coke machine and it jammed...He immediately accused Coca Cola and Pepsi of racial profiling...

ReKeau

Couldn't the officers have run his license plate number to confirm whether the vehicle was actually stolen? Even famous people have to have their cars registered!

God666

It just so happens that a $110,000 car was also stolen!

God666

The point of the story was not the illegal turn but the fact that the car was stolen. The black officer came and let the white officers know that Perry was rich and could afford the car. If you Morons would read instead just trying to bash black people you would see that you are what's keeping racism alive and well in the U.S.A.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7