Amanda Bynes

Cops Scared to Death

She'll Kill Someone

9/13/2012 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0913-amanda-bynes-tmz-arrow
Cops are alarmed by the pics we posted today showing Amanda Bynes behind the wheel and smoking what appears to be pot -- and several patrol officers tell us they're now on alert because they fear her driving habits have turned deadly.

The officers we spoke with -- who don't want to be named -- say the pics explain a lot about Amanda's alleged hit-and-runs. One cop with many years of experience as a patrol officer tells TMZ, "She's on the same road as my wife and kids and I'm scared about getting a call in the middle of the night that my little one is dead."

The cop added, "She's addicted to something and she's driving a deadly weapon and is going to kill someone. It scares the s**t out of me."

Another cop said, "The public should be afraid of her. From looking at the photos, and what she's smoking, she has no sense of reality.  If she's not stopped she's gonna kill someone."

Another said, "She is going down a road that she cannot come back from when she injures or kills someone. The photos don't surprise me at all."

A veteran motor cop says on a scale of 1 to 10 -- 10 being extremely dangerous -- Amanda is easily a 10.

Wyatt Larew

Well Unfortunately for these Police this is called The United States of America not China you can't prosecute people because they might do something! What is this country coming too. Lets look at it like the police for a second. Well because of the shooting in NYC in which 9 civilians were shot by the police I am just scared to death they might accidentally kill me! We need to dis arm law enforcement they are not trained well enough! What a laugh right!

Harry

If you rich famous and white, you don't have to do jail time. It so bad how racist and biased this legal system is. Blacks should start a riot and over throw this systems and rise up.

Johnny Anon

What a loser.

Damieon

They can't arrest her based on pictures.

Justin

its possible these pictures are OUTDATED. Before everyone jumps on what they actually dont know. The facts will come out when these pics were taken.

Chris

Looks to me like she is eating a candy bar, but hey lets call it pot to make it more intersting.

Rebecca

Wow Amanda Bynes...what the hell happened? I don't think she should have ever stopped making movies. At least it gave her something to do.

It definitely looks like she is smoking weed, however, whenever I go into any head shop, therer are multiple signs CLEARLY stating "Tobacco Use Only"

For the most part, the people I know who smoke weed and drive, it's a non-issue. I know I'll probably get some flack for saying that I don't see a problem with smoking an illegal substance behind the wheel of a car, but I'm pro-legalization of this harmless plant, and if anything calms a person down, and makes them less likely to suffer road rage.

Having said that, obviously there is something seriously wrong with this young woman who showed so much talent and promise as a Nickelodeon child star. It was one thing to get back behind the wheel of a car the other day after your license was recently suspended, but it is so much more foolish to sit behind the wheel of a car smoking a bowl after your license was recently suspended.

I don't ever recall hearing much about Amanda Bynes past her talent as a child star. I can't wait for the unfolding saga. What was her life like growing up? What caused her fall from grace? Could it be that no other person is to blame and she is just really really stupid? I know TMZ will be the first to fill me in. :)

faststar1

It looks like she is eating a damn candy bar people. thats not the face of someone puffing on anything

Peter Ohm

The alcohol is dangerous, but on weed, what is she going to get into an accident driving 2 miles per hour?

drew

shes not chugging pint of vodka get a life ppl i hear about ppl killing a family because they were drinking n driving but never someone getting high as hell and smacking into someone

greg

1. I hope his wife and kids aren't out in the "middle of the night"

2. Yeah, she probably shouldn't be toking on a pipe while driving, but does is she really doing it ALL the time she's driving?

3. Still better than her being out on the road drunk.

No explanation or defense for the hit and runs. She should just have her license taken away for a while.

Michael

OMG SHE WAS CAUGHT SMOKING WEED IN HER CAR, SHE IS GOING TO KILL EVERYONE SHE SHOULD BE ON HIGH ALERT!!!

Give me a ****ing break

MW

The dust, flake, "pencial shavings" in the cupholder is not pot, its synthetic meth aka "bath salts". Oohh scary! Not everyone eats a persons face off or kills their baby on it, but its just as addicting as the real deal, hence the one hitter cigarette lighter pipe to have and conceal at all times.
PS Amanda your still fine!

ExLADA

Driving on a suspended license and under the influence of drugs are both misdemeanors. A police officer may arrest on probable cause for a felony, but, with one exception, he may not arrest for a misdemeanor unless it is committed in his presence. And, while we know what she was smoking, a photograph is not proof of what was in the pipe. Her butt needs to be in jail, but they cannot arrest for a misdemeanor unless they personally see her doing it.

Canadian

Why didn't TMZ call the cops when they found all this. Since they followed her for 12 hours, it sounds like there would've been plenty of time to do this, for the safety of everyone.