« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Files Divorce Docs ...

Admits Marriage Is Dead

9/13/2012 11:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0913-evelyn-lozada-chad-johnson-tmz-3
Chad Johnson has finally accepted the fact that his marriage to Evelyn Lozada is over ... and has filed divorce docs in which he admits the union is "irretrievably broken" ... TMZ has learned.

Johnson filed the papers yesterday in a Florida court ... in response to the docs Evelyn filed back on August 14. In his papers, Chad admits the two have a prenup that he believes should be enforced -- especially the part about who pays for the lawyers.

According to the docs, Johnson wants a judge to BLOCK Evelyn's request that Chad foot the bill for her legal fees ... citing a provision in the prenup in which the two sides agreed to pay their own way if they were to split up.

The divorce has not been finalized yet ... but at this point, it's only a matter of time ... and sources close to Evelyn tell us she's "ecstatic" and ready to move on.

Evelyn and Chad were married back in July ... but the honeymoon ended a month later, when Chad allegedly headbutted Evelyn during a heated argument over a condom receipt she found in his car.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ashley

humm.......what was his first clue????

jag26281

Bet he regrets that tattoo right about now

fstblk

Please tmz now can you stop reporting about these two fools?

fstblk

I still think he looks like a mutant ninja turtle!!!

Oh A 💛💋

Dumb asses

TheLady530

I cannot believe the attention these two are still receiving for this. I mean I thought it was a joke...loool. I honestly didn't think that even they thought this really was going to go far...all about who was going to really buy it. LOL!

Alpuss

About time!!!

AsYouWere!

I'm pretty sure he signed only because he learned the divorce would still go through with or without his signature; dumbass! 💢👊💢 Everytime I see him, i sure could go for some Raisinets...🎃

TheLady530

I cannot believe the attention these two are receiving. It is just unbelievable.....I thought it was just a obvious joke. i didn't think they themselves even expected to go really far with things. Smh loool. These comments are hilarious in here though.

Chris

They were a bad match to begin with. She is a golddigger looking for a quick payday. Chad needs to concentrate on getting back to playing football. He is a great talent that got derailed by fame and publicity. Stick to what got you there, you football playing abilities.

DivorceSourceRadio

Courts usually let each party pay for their own legal fee, especially when it's specified in a prenup. Chad and Evelyn, if you need more help on this and other topics related to your divorce, visit our free site at www.DivorceSourceRadio.com.

backfire

He'll get her head etched into his calf but he won't foot the bill for her attorney fees.

renae

So somebody FINALLY tapped him on the shoulder and told him "this isn't a game". About time .

Linda

No I do not believe in a man hitting a women. But one thing about it she is a bully and someone need to kick her ass. To bad it was not me head butting her.

koukla328

I think there is more to this story.....i didnt see any marks on her head nor did i see any stiches....I'm sure they fought over some bs but I'm sure she instigated it and when things got bad, it was her way out. I'm not saying its ok to hit a lady but if the bitch is hitting him which im sure she was in his face, anyone will block there attacks one way or another. I'm sure during a block he put his head down and hit hers by mistake...She exaggerated her story because she wanted out, a month after marriage and you filed for a divorce??..hahah she is pathetic!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments