'Notebook' Director Says

Cool for a Man

to Love a Sister

9/13/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

091312_incest_still
'Notebook' director Nick Cassavetes' comment that incest is okay could open the door ... to some long-delayed (and totally made up) Hollywood projects. Roll 'em!

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

Bobby

New Low.

zeke

I see it now, incest,,, a game the whole family can play! its the next biggest thing after honey boo boo! get on this TMZ!

tgrfan42069

lol funny..tmz blasts people who speaks out against gays. they support gays.but think this is nasty.typical gay supporters.man butt ****ing a man is normal and natural but bro and sis is just plain out nasty.both are nasty.but dont say one is cool while the other isnt makes you look stupid

Jay W.

SShhhhh sis... mom is still awake.

Rhonda

Incest is NEVER okay, and if they dare use this theme, many audiences will be lost!

Phishie from Philly

Incest is not the same as gay and should never be compared. I can understand someone being gay and support it but no way in the world can I understand incest.
The real Phishie from Philly

Sinjin

The sickness that is liberalism is alive and well. No right or wrong. No good or bad. Moral equivalency across the board.

White guilt might get you movie roles, street parking in Beverly Hills or invites to meet with Obama, but it makes the rest of the country think you're an ignorant, condescending elitist *******.

Lara

OK-this is not the ancient times where incest was super common, especially in royal families to keep the blood pure. This is the 21st century with plenty of fish out there (too many) and that is seen as disgusting, vile, and repugnant! Will not spend a red cent on this filth.

Magpie Pair

Okay, what the hell is wrong with all the commenters?

I hate the Notebook. I don't like the guy who made it. But not for this.

What's wrong with incest, exactly? As long as you're not creating genetically deformed children, should we condemn someone for happening to fall for someone who is related to them?

No one makes the choice who they love. I don't condone irresponsibly having children, but I don't see who we are to say no if two consenting adults are in love with each other. To me, supporting gay rights but not incestuous couple rights is hypocritical.

By the way, I am a conservative. But I think it's ****ed up that society thinks it can dictate who we fall in love with or can make us feel like bad people for our feelings.

Mary

Wow. The slippery slope DOES have a bottom.

Bleh

Incest is fine as long as it is between adults and is consensual. Stop wanting to tell people what to do with their lives. At least that's what I think. Don't say it's the same as pedophilia, please don't.