Kate Middleton

SUES MAGAZINE

Over Topless Pics

9/14/2012 9:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0814-catherine-prince-william-buckingham
Kate Middleton and Prince William have declared war on the French magazine that published naked photos of the future Queen of England -- filing a lawsuit today against the publication.

A rep for St. James's Palace released a statement saying that "legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France" by the royal couple.

So far, it's unclear what relief they are seeking.

As we reported, the family had threatened legal action over the topless photos published today by France's Closer magazine, showing a topless Kate on vacation with Prince William recently.

Now, they've made good on their word.

Moments after the pic went public, the Royal Family issued a statement, claiming, "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."

For the magazine's part -- Closer's editor Laurence Pieau has spoken out, calling the media "hypocritical" for condemning her decision to run the pictures.

Story developing ...

whatchagonnado

even if the vacation place was a secluded private
residence, they are ROYALS and creepy peeps
are going to do whatever they can to take pictures
of them so why not just keep your clothes on
in the first place. problem solved.

barney

After having looked at the photos i have to say Kate does have small boobs and they do look good.Her A$$ looks even better,liked the photos of Prince William pulling her Bikini bottoms down and rubbimg tanning lotion all over her Butt and crack.Wonder if he licked his fingers after doing this.I know i would have with no hesitation.

Sandra

They won't win!!

paplop

I have her pictures on my Blog,to be honest,its an honor to see her royal highness breast

You can check it on my Blog : http://ajetun.blogspot.com

Rita P

Good... I hope they sue them for everything...

Gerri

She is an international public person. If you run around exposing yourself, someone is going to take a picture of it. The photographer is probably very rich now.

MicheleM1333

Thankfully the photos in questions are not pics of Camilla Paker Bowles

Paddy

Seems to me that if you do not want topless pics taken of yourself...DON'T GET NEKKID IN THE OPEN!!!! It's real simple, really

awesomewave

So, they're nipples. So what? Everybody's got them.

Cricket

I'm glad they're suing and I hope they shut the rag mag down. It's not like they don't have a million photo ops for Kate. She isn't called the most photographed woman in the world for kicks. I understand they want an "exclusive", but what a ****ty way to go about getting it. I love Kate and I feel bad for her on this one. How embarrassing!

Jay W.

She's hot and she knows it. So she was tanning her ti++ies. The Manor needs to get over it.

Cami

I know they were on a "private estate" but your still OUTSIDE! Esp after Harry's escapade you would think that they would have a little bit more discretion in their actions. (like say "maybe going outside nude is a bad idea right now bc our family is in the spotlight for that") And these 2 are always vacationing, how about do some freaking WORK! Regardless of being a Royal, stop vacationing on the dime of your Country. I like these 2 but they seem to be lazy sometimes.

Tee

If you saw the actual distance from the street where the s*** took the pics, to the estate you'd see why she went topless. She felt safe from all eyes.
They were so far away no one with naked eye or binoculars clould see.

dragonsrme

I mean really why sue the magazine ? Is she that embarrassed by her looks or just money hungry like her parents

Haji Abdi

Its good image of posting, i don't why they are sued for simple pictures taken, and they are posting our prophets picture in every where, shame on all who made publication our prophet.