Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

GardeniaRose

Could be drug related. Sometimes you don't know what came first: the chicken or the egg. She could be using drugs to self medicate her delusions or she could be delusional because she's smoking more than a little weed.

Andrew S

I don't know 99% of celebs names. I don't care about their life, or what movies they are in. Only reason why I signed up here, is that I know she'll probably get some of my messages through someone.

I saw Amanda on TV, and she just puts it out there. She'll make fun of her self, dress up goofy, she don't care.

Thats the Amanda I know. The only celeb I was ever like "damn, I'd love to have a conversation with her". I would pass up any other celeb, no joke, you could tell me "B**** I'm Brad Pitt, gimmie a coffee" and I'll be like "why do I care?"

Do what you do Amanda, get money stay true thats the brand new slogan!

alicia Hartman

Ok mom and dad or family members its time to come out of the woodwork and get this child some help.
I hate to see child stars exploited by their family then dumped when they are older. she needs help...from someone..the next person that sees her call an ambulance.

tamara

Could it be there have been some nasty drugs going around that are literally "frying" young people's minds? I only say this because of how many are winding up with true psychotic illnesses.
Just a guess

DavidArizona

Looks like possibly crack is the problem. Drug induced psychosis. Looks like she is going the way of many young stars who are way too imature to handle the money and fame and the douche bags that follow that lifestyle.

miguel

I guess lindsay isnt doing it anymore for you people so now its amanda's turn. this **** makes me sick. your whole culture is disgusting

Jamie Rae

So when did she move into a condo complex? Did she loose the home she just bought in Calabasas?

Mushyb78

Leave the poor girl alone already!!!

backfire

So many people have witnessed this young talented girl acting exceedingly strange yet none have reached out to help her by notifying anyone?

Jamie Rae

When did she move to a condo?

jas

she is a grown woman, however, it seems grown and mature aren't happening. Where is her family or her reps or that show intervention?! Everyone is just watching her and waiting for her next altercation. Enough already, if no one else will why doesn't Harvey help?!

Tee

It's odd to me that she does these "allegedly" strange things,but is able to get to the gym,shop,etc, then find her way home.

Tee

Tmz,instead of stalking her to get the "scoop",why don't you call the police when you see her smoking drugs while driving without a license?

They should impound her vehicle.

West Coast Woman

Good job TMZ on getting this girl noticed. She needs hel and support!

West Coast Woman

Get strong Amanda! You can do this!!