Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

Marilyn

Wow I remember her on All That and The Amanda Bynes Show.... I think she needs serious help and intervention

Vinny

Gla

Vinny

Hell...I am glad at least TMZ cares. That's sad when the only people that care are paparazzi. Her parents and friends must be losers. Hope she gets help.

xfiler93

anothe lindsey lohan. sad.

brentschwartzmiller

Imagine (if you can) once being on top of the world, then life goes array. Amanda Bynes is a special person who has contributed an abundance to the world of entertainment. Dear Amanda: "Hang in there please." Many of us have our arms around you.

Diamond Goddess!

I'm watching SNL right now and it's reminding me...
Amanda Bynes--didn't Seth MacFarlane hit that, too?
Mebbe she just got dumped one too many times by these Hollywood players and flizipped!!!
Sad.
She's dangerous, whatever the cause!!!

Lsulli5

I do hope that someone close to her finds a way to get her to a psychiatrist. All of these signs point to a severe mental illness. Even the state of the inside of her car. It is no joke and she needs help.

happyday

Don't be so quick to bash the parents, friends, family. My family member has severe bipolar 1 & it is not so easy to get through to a dilusional, mentally ill legal adult. It took us many years to even figure out the problem. Was it drugs? Just a bad personality? Mental illness? And someone in that condition doesn't respond to your concerns nicely, and you can't legally force an adult to go to the doctor or stay home. Trust me, it is HARD on everyone, and I'm sure her family is doing what they can. You also don't want to have her committed unless it's an immediate life or death situation, b/c that has all kinds of future ramifications for her. I don't know who she is, but I hope she gets a diagnosis and help faster than my sister did.

Bec215

It's common for people with mental health issues to 'self-medicate'. My cousin became a huge pothead when he developed szchizophrenia, because it helped him stop the voices in his head, and a friend with a severe case of bi-polar disorder also turned to alcohol and drugs to calm herself during manic episodes. It would also explain her inability to follow judges instructions... though her attorney certainly would have noticed her behavior, and I hope that he is engaging the proper resources to help her.

Mark Ebner

I was waiting for the moment that I could sincerely tell you skels to **** off, and this is certainly it.

Jess

early signs of schizophrenia..... It all makes sense. Bipolar disorder she is manic up and down. With these latest criminal charges.... it all makes sense. Neighbours new her crazy behaviour but kept mum about it because she was a star. This article = schizophrenia, she's at the age where it develops. Do you not remember when she went on that twitter rant saying she it quitting acting and retiring etc etc ppl thought that was weird but things are adding up. This is the age schizophrenia develops. She is having early episodes... Lets be kind here, I was against this entire thing all this last week... But my brother is schizophrenic and these same episodes happened to him at 24...... as for the weed... she is either self medicating or im stupid and she is just another drug using celebrity... :( ?

fastdriver

WHERE the hell is her family or are they as crazy as she is? What the hell is wrong with the police and the courts in CA? She should have been locked up after the FIRST incident! Are you waiting until she kills someone?

delane

maybe she's just talking on a blue tooth.lol. I mean seriously people.

Boozez

Fire all the city workers who can't do their job.Like Police & judges that let hazards to other peoples lives run free.

I know

This is such BS...first of all she had her headphones on in the gym and was listening to something that made her laugh a couple of times. The rest is such common lying BS it's hard to believe that anyone at all believes this. Keep your head up Amanda and don't give in to the haters.