Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

yucaipasdave

She's faking mental problems to get out of her recent troubles. This girl needs serious jail time.

Timmy

So Is My Ex.Wife the same no sub do you hear me HOLLYWOOD::::::::::text or e-mail OK

Beth Hauer

Amanda may need a psychiatric evaluation. I'm thinking that she might be manic. Reckless behavior is a common symptom. Delusions and hallucinations are also possible. Doesn't she have any friends or family members whom she trusts to have her best interets at heart? Can't one of them convince/take her in for an eval?

Andrew S

I don't know 99% of celebs names. I don't care about their life, or what movies they are in. Only reason why I signed up here, is that I know she'll probably get some of my messages through someone.

I saw Amanda on TV, and she just puts it out there. She'll make fun of her self, dress up goofy, she don't care.

Thats the Amanda I know. The only celeb I was ever like "damn, I'd love to have a conversation with her". I would pass up any other celeb, no joke, you could tell me "B**** I'm Brad Pitt, gimmie a coffee" and I'll be like "why do I care?"

Do what you do Amanda, get money stay true thats the brand new slogan!

Michelle

First of all, if I stalked my neighbour the way TMZ stalks Amanda Bynes I would be arrested. Calling yourself a pap does not make you above the law in regards to stalking. Second of all, these arm chair doctors saying she is mentally ill - give me a break. People throw around the term mental illness, bi-polar, etc... so casually these days, it's revolting. NONE of these people calling Amanda "mentally ill" are doctors or specialists. They are just judgemental morons wanting to stick a label on another human being as a way to tear them down and insult them. Amanda is just a normal girl going through a very difficult time. She probably needs counselling and some love and support from her family to help get her back on track. Everything does not have to be so damn dramatic and rooted in mental illness.

monique

i don't think she's crazy, i think she figures it's way easier to just hop on the train wreck ride of publicity then actually working (hey, it works for loser lohan right)

alex

uh, who is this chick?

YOURNOTONMYLEVEL10

put her in jail with lindsay lohan and make a tv show out of it.. if its funny then it might be worth keeping them both around. if not the prisoners will take care of them. win-win

starcitygirl

Harvey you need to chill with Jessica Simpson. If she lost anywhere from 16lbs to 32lbs she fullfilled her contract because that is how much weight she should have lost in 4 months. 1 to 2 lbs is all Weight Watcher's ever promises.

botleader

x

botleader

I find it so ironic that you say Amanda has mental issues when your boss Harvey is a ************ mentally ill homo. HE needs professorial help more than anybody.

LAgossipwhore

I don't understand the comments saying that her neighbors and people who work out at her gym should be reaching out for help. I highly doubt that if you worked out next to a crazy nut at the gym sometimes that you would do anything more than observe and steer clear. What are they supposed to do, accost her to get her family's info and then reach out to perfect strangers with uninformed accounts?

LAgossipwhore

Major mental health issues or drugs. And I feel like if drugs were the issue, then she'd be holing up in her house, not manically running around town.

JoshuaDLeuth

Smoking marijuana is not a big deal it's self but not knowing how to drive properly and safely is a pretty serious thing,i believe she just needs to take some safe driving course but besides that for her age she is just a normal person

Regina

I'm tellin ya people, it's the bloody MOUSE. Working for Walt Disney and having your growth stunted does weird things to people. The only one's so far to avoid that "syndrome" are Justin Timberlake, The Duff girls , Ryan Gosling and Kyle Massey.They are the only sane one's in the entire Disney franchise It's like they grow older, are no longer useful and their careers go to pot and they go bat sh** crazy.
I always thought Amanda survived the Disney curse but maybe she didn't. It seems to me that she acts more like Brittney than Lindsay. Brittany wore strange outfits, did strange things with her hair and did drugs to cover up her bi polar. Plus if she's talking to inanimate objects and acting inappropiately, than she MAY have a mental disorder. Or she is wacked out on some really hard core drugs like PCP or something like that.
I certainly don't think that she needs to be driving ANYWHERE for ANY reason whatsoever. Let her take the bus. I think her license needs to be revoked because she clearly cannot drive.