Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

Elyse

how old is she? mid 20's? her symptoms (if these stories are true) sound like someone suffering schizophrenia and unfortunately, the most common time for someone to have a "break" is in their early to mid 20's. Poor thing, I hope she gets help soon if that is indeed the case :(. Her parents really need to step in before it's too late.

Sarah

poor girl Ive been saying for a while that she is showing signs of mental health problems not drug use sounds like manic depression to me. Her family needs to step in now before she kills herself or others. Also TMZ you need to lay off her and stop following her around stalking her I think you are partly responsible for her downfall too I agree that she should be reported for driving illegally but if your going to follow her knowing she is doing wrong and doing nothing you are just as bad as her and what is the point making a story out of it??? Oh yeah I forgot to make money out of it. Leave her alone and give her space and privacy.

Ace

Who wouldn't be going crazy if TMZ was following their every move but I guess this is our new entertainment...kinda sad

billybob

Amanda's condition?? This is a rich&spoiled stupid bitch, nothing more to say about her, seriously.

puddy

since she is in her early 20's it could be schizophrenia because that is the age it normally strikes. But it could also be drug use, in particularly meth. What they describe her doing sounds like she is either in a well advanced schizophrenia or she is on meth. And since she is so young and hasn't exhibited any prior symptoms of schizophrenia prior to these hit and runs, I'm going to say meth.

SD

STOP BULLYING "stalking". Real life you would get get beat up.

SD

good job someone took a piss the other day, TMZ get a real story!!

Veronica

shes either nuts or on some messed up drugs either way sounds like she needs help ASAP

Reg

Just another typical hollywood brat. They feel that unless they act in a certain way that they will not be validated.Hey papparizzi, get off the girls case.
Ok I know that you get paid big bucks (for the money shot) Who fvcking cares what this chick does. Stupid Hollywood money making machine.

blue pen

They don't want to get involved, but are happy to speak to the tabloid press. I mean, come on! This girl needs help, not backstabbing idiots. Same story again and again in Hollywood.

BB not bb

I can see taking away her driver's license but as far as meddling in her life, it is her business if she talks to herself or laughs to herself. People can't just start diagnosing others and locking them up. She is a horrible and irresponsible driver, so maybe she should lose her license for a while. If she is going to be drinking she shouldn't be driving.

People who smoke alot of pot do start laughing alot for no reason. She could be smoking alot of pot. Also if she is talking to herself, sometimes people on pot hallucinate or dissociate. They react to things that aren't really there. They think everything is fine one second and then fly off the handle the next.

Simone

Maybe she just has a really small Bluetooth?

verlinda

The way I see this is BS. Every time a star gets into trouble, they either have a mental problem or blame a certain prescription drug like Ambien. Could her actions be mental, maybe. But these people are ACTORS!!!! I'll go to the gym so everyone can see me nut out. Let my neighbors see me talk to myself. WITNESSES. I think she is seeking pity, and finds that this type of behavior draws attention. If she really has a mental condition she can be put into the proper facility from her safety as well as the safety of others.

ria

Ok I'm a bit confused. People in her condo are aware of her issues but haven't contacted her friends and family? But if you think about it, it's not their job to do so. They just live in the condo. complex. My question is if all these people from her building and gym can see her weird behavior, how come her friends and family are unaware and need to be told this? So when she's around her friends and family she can control her behavior. It doesn't make sense, her family and friends knows, let's be honest, now they might not give a damn bit that's a different story.

erkg

Seems to me its time her family involuntarily commits her.