Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

bonbon5

Sounds like the mk ultra mind control is finally breaking down ala Britney Spears. When is anyone going to do something about this madness???

Lala

Signs of schizophrenia or delusional disorder - maybe drug use? In any case, she needs help. We as a country need to take Mental Health issues seriously and not turn the issues into fodder for reality tv, sites, etc. She's in my prayers. TMZ - call her family - don't put her on blast.

woodin

WOW poor girl can't rely of friends and neighbors to get her family involved. Isn't this the same type of community non participation\lack of empathy that led up to some famous melt downs across this country, some of which led to disastrous results.

Darren

Other people are reporting that repeated negative news stories by TMZ about Amanda are also contributing to her condition of compulsion and depression.

w

Another Monarch butterfly self destructs.

Monarch butterfly mind programming.
seriously people youtube or google it...look at the patterns they all have a break down, then they go a way for a while and come back "normal" and make more money.

Hollywood is a very dangerous place, why anyone would let their children go into show business is beyond me.

Laura

I have a real problem with TMZ going and speaking with her neighbors, the people at her gym. You say you don't stalk people..I beg to differ. And then you publicize it, in the name of ratings? If she is in trouble, telling the world isn't going to help her--just you.

LiLo's boy toy

Did Dr TMZ make that diagnosis her self or did they pay some neighbor comming out of her complex that don't even know her to do it?

JOHN

SHE`S GOT TO GET OUT OF LA MORE OFTEN...PERHAPS A COUPLE WEEKS R&R......MOGADISHU~~~~~~~~~~~IS A FRIENDLY SPOT, WITH SEVERAL......GOOD PROGRAMS.....

Vicky

I don't have any doubt that she might legitimately have mental issues, but I like how both of the descriptions of crazy behavior also depict someone having a phone conversation via bluetooth or someone listening to podcasts. I look like a lunatic at work with my sudden outbursts of laughter thanks to the shows I listen to.
How ridiculous would it be if Bynes was just talkin' on the phone and listening to Comedy Bang Bang and all the wreckless behavior was just because she's a dingbat pothead?

Tom

The ilumanii will break her down.. So sad

ashley

Why can't SOMEONE do something with this girl???

curiousone

This article is why I don't miss LA. Her neighbors noticed but decided to do nothing about it. Well, I seriously doubt she's as bad as they say. She's just a stoner, pot makes you silly and sometimes makes you quiet. I think this is getting way out of hand. She needs a boyfriend to drive her around because she clearly sucks at that, other than that, she's probably bored and just needs something to do. LA can be a lonely and isolated place. Take a class, volunteer, do something. I still think she's awesome!

Susie-Q

It is a fact that smoking pot can trigger schizophrenia if the gene is present to begin with. I know all to well as I have an adult son to whom this happened he is now in hid mid 30's. There was the gene present in our family. A normal life can be had but staying on the correct ****tail of meds is key to living a normal life. Unless they want help there is little one can do either. Trust me. I know all to well.

niles

So now you've become licensed psychiatrists? Maybe if you stop harassing her 24/7 she might be able to get it together.

mannequin

Poor Amanda, she was so talented and never got enough credit. She always reminded me of a young Gilda Radner.