'American Idol'

Judges Get Right to Work

9/16/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_american_idol_2
"American Idol" judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson wasted no time getting right to work today ... showing up in NYC alongside host Ryan Seacrest for day one of auditions.

"Idol" made the official announcement about this season's judging panel just a few hours earlier.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson got a last minute reprieve when producers failed to come to terms on a contract with Enrique Iglesias.

The 12th season of "American Idol" will premiere in January.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Firstchoice

I won't be watching!

cindy

Wow, I never watched this show, but looks like five retards are now in charge. The black guy in the back looks like a pedophile. Nicky Minaj is a demon possesed Illuminati. Keith Urban is a washed up has been, the little gay guy in the middle and then Mariah who hasnt had a hit since 1993 and still millions of blind sheep will continue to watch this Karoeke contest.

PG

American Idol = Beating a dead horse. They need to wave the white flag. Pariah is yesterday's news, Urban is as exciting as cardboard, Jackson is annoying, and Minaj.... speaks for it's self.

Carl

A drunk, a wannabe diva, a diva past her prime, and a guy that gets crapped on and still wants to come back for more. What a judging panel!

JUstin

I have a headache !!!!!

mistie

Cindy, what on earth is a "demon possessed illuminati?" In any event, I will not be watching. The Voice is so much better.

Rene

I am sorry, Minaj is boring and talentless. I really cannot stand that chick. Such a drag they chose her as a judge. Really dont think I stomach watching her judge other people. :(

M

People still watch this crap show??? What for??? There hasn't been a truly successful artist since Kelly Clarkson... and the judges SUUUUUCK!!!!

Throwback kid

First, after watching Ryna Seacrest on the Olympics telecast I never realized just how bad he was, he was awful with no connection to the games, he was just all about himself with that smarmy personality of his, he has very little talent. Second, when I look at this group of self absorbed morons I know I will never watch this lame show again

Laurin

Why did they have to add Nicki? Randy, Mariah and Keith would've been perfect. Oh well...still better than X Factor and The Voice.

janet

@M....been saying that all along...not since Clarkson like what 11 years ago. And this show is beating a dead horse.

Hey guys, how many shows doing the exact same thing only with different names. Hell, they aren't stupid, it's easy money with no effort.

JUstin

Randy Jackson . Please have some Pride will Ya , and let go of this disaster ..It's over , dawg ....

Becky

Nicki is one butt ugly bitch.

lookItsMegRyan

The group least likely to succeed.

KnuckleDragger

@JANET: "...it's easy money with no effort."

Exactly. Why? Because you don't have a vote in what people would rather watch. The people who produce these shows go by numbers who watch. When you don't have a choice...this is what you get.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments