'American Idol'

Judges Get Right to Work

9/16/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_american_idol_2
"American Idol" judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson wasted no time getting right to work today ... showing up in NYC alongside host Ryan Seacrest for day one of auditions.

"Idol" made the official announcement about this season's judging panel just a few hours earlier.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson got a last minute reprieve when producers failed to come to terms on a contract with Enrique Iglesias.

The 12th season of "American Idol" will premiere in January.

Gretel

In the pictures I've seen of the group, either together or complied Mariah looks like a stuffed sausage who has a really big head and might even be able to eat the others. I am terribly disappointed in Keith; I thought he had a few more years before his career was down the toilet like the others.

jetfanglo

my little pony,urkel,billy raybob,bob's big boy&mariah(should be) carried away........what a crew.....................i smell hit....oh,sorry.... typo............. i mean s#!+ !!!!!! ..........

Lay it to rest for god sake! http://creativeinsanity.blog.com/

Ben

Nicki Minaj = I'm Done

Kabala

Seacrest is standing on a step stool... :-))

Bug

Bummer is all I can say. That show has got to be on it's way out with Manaj the only thing they could get. Again, I loved the show but it's class is gone and the entire thing will byte the dust soon.

STEVE

WOW how fast it looks like the voice and x factor w/ 4 judges. SOOOO ORIGINAL! THE SHOW SUCKED THE LAST FEW YRS OK 4. I DEF WON'T BE WATCHING!

KPCATZ

I wont be watching. Bunch of freak judges. Sorry Keith.

Easy E

somewhere in texas

Keith Urban is washed up. His only claim to fame is married to Tom Cruse EX.

april

I stopped watching after simon left....xfactor and the voice are way better

kola

why is it that everyone is jumping o nikki she cares less what you say, she's getting paid regardless. it's not only BLACK people watching everyone race is there. i pray they want file bankrucpty because you idots are not watching. CHECK YOUR E-MAIL BITC@%*

Awesome

I've kept quiet till now, But WTF does Nicki Minaj know about music. She's a newby in my book and the only thing she has shown she is good at is applying clown hair and clown makeup. Idol has afficially flushed itself down the toilet.

CMN