'American Idol'

Judges Get Right to Work

9/16/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_american_idol_2
"American Idol" judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson wasted no time getting right to work today ... showing up in NYC alongside host Ryan Seacrest for day one of auditions.

"Idol" made the official announcement about this season's judging panel just a few hours earlier.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson got a last minute reprieve when producers failed to come to terms on a contract with Enrique Iglesias.

The 12th season of "American Idol" will premiere in January.

Thomasa

I never watched anyway. I really won't watch now.

ManiacalZebra

I've never watched any of these singing shows when they were in their prime. The crap they are putting out now is supposed to make me change my mind? I'd rather watch paint dry.

Kabala

I predict Mariah doesn't finish the season because: She can't get along with the others; health problems; gone to rehab; Nick's health problems... Just can't see her seeing it through.

bellyman

Two IDOL posts --- same s*** on the same day. Who gives a F*** ... flying or otherwise?! Come on TMZ - we want better s*** - and none of that Amanda "whogivesacrap" Bynes!

JB

Worst judge panel EVER and worst photoshop EVER for the picture they used. This show is going downhill quick and in a hurry!

JB

Worst panel EVER and worst photoshop EVER!! This show is going downhill fast!!

karlew

Work? So they've all shown up at a construction site to swing their hammers? C'mon what they do can hardly be called work.

MissKnownUnknown

Season 7 was the best last season of this show. Now it's just...ummm how can put this?.........crap! I Love me some Mariah Carey but Nicki Minaj? Bleh! AI is a has been. That's all.

R

"They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky
They're all together ooky, the AI Family

Chicago Dude

Really.... is anyone going to watch this anymore??? Time to pull the plug FOX!

some guy

I can feel the crazy emanating from this pic. Please remove any sharp objects from the premises.

average jane

This show is over. I'm actually glad they chose these judges. There will be no temptation for me to watch this season and I will end up getting more done around the house.

MissDizzy

Nicki Minaj??? Really???? Won't watch.....NO WAY!

tonka858

They really think people want to watch Nicki Minaj, be a judge her music is total crap.Who wants to look at her or even listen to that wack job talk.

ERP

Boring.....Boring show, boring people...