'American Idol'

Judges Get Right to Work

9/16/2012 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0916_american_idol_2
"American Idol" judges Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson wasted no time getting right to work today ... showing up in NYC alongside host Ryan Seacrest for day one of auditions.

"Idol" made the official announcement about this season's judging panel just a few hours earlier.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson got a last minute reprieve when producers failed to come to terms on a contract with Enrique Iglesias.

The 12th season of "American Idol" will premiere in January.

kicksroute66

Minaj taking a ****

LiLo's boy toy

This show really is a waste of time

Tee

Yuck,minaj looks like it can give you an std just by looking at you.
Urban looks like he has crabs,and seacrest looks like she has a sore bum.

kitnplayn

Hey Randy, you are the best thing that ever happened to American Idol, and the suits showed you no loyalty. You are the only reason I even watch that stinking show.

Rhonda

I think they made a BIG mistake with Nicki Minaj! I sure won't be watching any more!

Jay

Not feeling this line up at all. I can not stand Mariah's personality its awful. It seems like Idol was just desperate to scrape up whoever they could to be at the judges table. Not going to watch this season.

gaeaval

Nicki is already looking disrespectful. Who on earth thought she could judge anything?

Proud2bBlack

What a laughing stock! Not interested. Stop updating the public with American Idol last days of history making moments. We don't CARE!

CAHummingbird

Buh-bye American Idol! I was excited about the prospect of Keith Urban being a judge but Nicki Minaj???? Really????? We thought Steven Tyler was beeped out a lot, it's gonna be one solid beep with that skank!

LRT

Stick a fork in it...IT'S DONE!

David

This show is so played out!!! And the judges are way over paid, especially with this Obama economy. Mariah will be getting paid 15 millions dollars in just 12 months contract. All she will be doing is saying, "you sound pitchy" and showing boobish. Is that worth 15 million dollars???? Lord have mercy!

Debbie Jones

I feel sorry for Keith, he has no idea what he is getting into. Sitting between those 2.

tenley

Why can't they kick off Nicki? I truly won't sit through her TWICE a week. They need to yank that contract.

Juliana

I won't be watching either.

Juliana

I would have watched if they didn't add that no talent hack lady gaga wanna be...I won't say her name because she isn't good enough to repeat it. They lost me...and many more it seems. It would have been perfect with the other three judges.