Clint Eastwood

Doesn't 'Give a Crap'

About RNC Speech Critics

9/17/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091712_clint_eastwood_gma_launchClint Eastwood says he doesn't really give a crap about the people who ripped his impromptu "chair" speech at the Republican National Convention ... saying he was just expressing his feelings.

Clint appeared on "Good Morning America" this morning ... and the 82-year-old explained one of the reasons he didn't want to give a traditional speech off a teleprompter that night is because "I didn't have my glasses with me ... so I wouldn't have been able to read it."

Instead, he explained ... "So then I’m just sitting there and the guy says, ‘You wanna sit down?’ and I said ‘No, but put that [chair] next to the podium will ya.'"

And a legend was born.

When he was told that Obama is still a fan of his, Clint said, "Well, that's his bad judgment."

As for the criticism Clint has received since the speech ... Clint says, "There is something about the aging process that makes you give a crap less."

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch

boo

I love me some Clint. I have learned the "Clint squint" since I moved to Texas.

Lynda Jones-owings

Well, I really liked Clint and have watched his movies my entire life. But, like Arnold, I will boyscott Clint to...................

Mumra the Ever Living

Lets recap:
1. Clint gives a rambling, speech that "expresses his feelings"
2. People give a harsh critique because it was rambling and incoherent. BTW, BTW, a critique is when someone "Expresses their feelings" about a particular subject.
3. Clint "Epresses his feelings" by saying he doesn't give a rats azz about people who are "expressing their feelings".
Clint then yells to the assembled reporters to "get off my lawn", turns around and walks into a wall.

LiLo's boy toy

You make great movies Clint. You are an icon. But nobody cares anymore about your politics than we do Clooneys or Pitts or Opras or any other of the spoiled Hollywood elite. Just keep making movies and leave the politics alone.

Mumra the Ever Living

So basically Clint Eastwood gave an rambling, nearly incoherent speech because he's a vain old man who refuses to wear his glasses.

gutsygirl

HEY TMZ...where's your story on that crazy woman, Jennifer Granholm, the ex-Michigan Governor who went berzerk and thanked Obama for bailing out Ford. (teehee). Guess her politics are inline with yours!?

Mya

LOL... crazy old man!!!

Pookie

This geezer reminds me of my dad before he passed away. He started acting out like a teenager and I had to be the one to reign him in. He was acting out and it was almost like he was throwing all of my teen rebellion back in my face.

The sad thing is that Clint has a few bucks in the bank. Nobody in his family wants to risk pizzing him off and getting cut out if his wll, so they go along to get along. People are afraid to tell the old man the truth.

Little_Leota

haha...you are so right about the aging process! At a certain age the "edit" button stops and the "who gives a crap" button starts!! Say what you mean and mean what you say!

Truth

LMFAO Obama fans still are butthurt over Clint's speech. The truth does that to you.

rico

And, I don't give a crap about him!

jack

you're the one with the bad judgment , idiot

Springbank

I loved the chair skit. I thought it was hilarious. He delivered as expected. He's in his 80's he did a great job.

jack

people who watch your bad movies are the ones with the bad judgment , fascist creep.

jokerchick

is there a difference btwn a 150 yr old's logic and 2 yr old? nope and both wear pull-ups

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments