Clint Eastwood

Doesn't 'Give a Crap'

About RNC Speech Critics

9/17/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091712_clint_eastwood_gma_launchClint Eastwood says he doesn't really give a crap about the people who ripped his impromptu "chair" speech at the Republican National Convention ... saying he was just expressing his feelings.

Clint appeared on "Good Morning America" this morning ... and the 82-year-old explained one of the reasons he didn't want to give a traditional speech off a teleprompter that night is because "I didn't have my glasses with me ... so I wouldn't have been able to read it."

Instead, he explained ... "So then I’m just sitting there and the guy says, ‘You wanna sit down?’ and I said ‘No, but put that [chair] next to the podium will ya.'"

And a legend was born.

When he was told that Obama is still a fan of his, Clint said, "Well, that's his bad judgment."

As for the criticism Clint has received since the speech ... Clint says, "There is something about the aging process that makes you give a crap less."

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch

JB

I thought it was freakin hilarious "No Mr Obama, I can't do that to myself..." yeah - we didn't know it was coming, but he's an actor for heavens sake. But ANYTHING - ANYTHING AT ALL AGAINST THE ANOINTED ONE - and our "unbiased" press will vilify EVRYTHING AND EVERYONE so the idea THEY didn't like it means nothing - maybe we can dumb it down for rachel madcow or randy rhoads, or piss matthews, or the entire CNN crew and have him slip on a banana peel at the DNC next time - they might understand that one.

Our president just ordered embassies ungaurded and gaurds to stand WITHOUT BULLETS in their guns, and the sends out a statement about a movies that Romney makes a 2 sentence statement about and thats ALL CNN and MSNBC and ABC and NBC can talk about - not the death of Stephens WHO WE FIND OUT HAD A STICK SHOVED UP HIS ASS WHILE ALIVE! (that's being sodomized for the banana peel crowd) who died in vain because obama left him ON 9/11 alone!!!! And yet they WILL NOT address that issue.

Flagday53

He didn't say he didn't give a crap. He said as you age you have a tendency to give a crap less. When asked if that applied here he said "I don't know, maybe." He said he was glad to hear people loved it or hated it. I think he wanted to provoke some thought and entertain.

I totally disagree that it was either entertaining or appropriate at a Convention, and I think it made him look exactly like an older man fumbling for a line. So I guess Clint will be happy to know I hated it. I hated seeing him look the fool.

mommycoconut

It was absolutely brilliant. The only speech out of both conventions that will be remembered forever. Obama=The empty suit in an empty chair! Love it! Time to vote differently this November. Mitt or Ron, just not Obummer.

Pamela

Team Clint here too

Cujeaux

I don't give a crap about his movies anymore either. His voice is barely intelligible and let's face it - he's a bigot.

Raymond

Bet Clint thought there'd be another 20 takes and they'd cut together the best parts.

Quite saddening to see him progressively losing it. Good luck with the rest of your journey, old man! Take care!

Obama2012

Ruined image. Way to go, doddering jackwagon.

fran

Clint is awesome! Go Clint!

Lovejac23

That's my man! GO CLINT!!!!

4_eyed_zebra

Way to go Clint! I'm sure Clint would not loose sleep if Obama stopped being a fan....
Go ahead make my day......Punk!

Challah Back.

I had a time with this..luv me some CE but it just was a lil odd,it wasn't how i see the R's representing themselves.I was disappointed by it.
*sigh gotta love **** tho.

Carol L

There is something to this aging thing. So much less do you give a crap about. It's really great. Best thing about putting on the years; you can say what you think and people just figure you're getting old...and you don't care what they think!

Sally

But we love yoiu Clint. Count me in on Team Clint!

mary

Mr Eastwood should look up the respect. respect for the office of the predency.
Mr eastwood his name is not MR Obama. His name is President Obama that is his title.. Mr Eastwood 4 more years.

DaveT