Niecy Nash

My Brother's 'Heinous'

Killer Did it Again

9/17/2012 10:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0917_niecey_nash_articleThe man who shot and killed Niecy Nash's brother 19 years ago has allegedly killed AGAIN -- this time murdering his wife ... and the comedian says she's appalled that another family has been ruined by this "heinous" killer.

Robert Lee Heard was arrested Saturday in Shreveport, LA for allegedly stabbing and killing his 35-year-old wife Demetra Doyle Heard.

In 1993 a 16-year-old Heard was convicted of shooting and killing Nash's brother, Michael Ensley, at a Reseda, CA high school. He was committed to a juvenile corrections facility until 2002.

Then in 2003, he was convicted of attempted first-degree murder and sent to prison ... but was released in 2011. That is until this weekend ... when police found his wife stabbed to death.

Nash tells TMZ ... "No family should have to endure the loss of a loved one at the hands of a previously convicted violent criminal."

Nash added,"I am deeply saddened to hear that the man who murdered my brother, Michael Ensley, has been charged with murder again."

And Nash went on ... saying "I grieve for every family who has been victimized by this heinous individual.  My prayers and love go out to the family of Demetra Doyle Heard during this trying time."

Joan K

And now the miserable justice system will spend thousands and thousands taking this to court, you know the killer has his rights too, what a "Fd up world we live in,.

Vanessa

wow just sad...RIP

Bridget

Okay, I get some people can change and he was convicted of the murder when he was just 16. But why on gods green earth was he let go when he tried to kill someone again a year after being out? Didn't they sense a trend? WTF?

zlul

How's that prison system working out liberals? This is a perfect example of why you have the death penalty!

David

Death he gave. Death he should receive. Criminals have more rights than victims. We are a free society, and yet, all this freedom has allowed low life to prosper in numbers. We make criminals hero's. They are portrayed on T.V. and movies as exciting humans. We Americans are generating a sick society.

Brock

Honestly, if you are dumb enough to marry a two time violent criminal, you have signed up for a Darwin Award anyway. No loss at that level of stupidity.

Noel Matthews

This man needs to be locked up for a VERY LONG TIME.

Regina

I remember when she hosted Clean House. One of the episodes was her own mother having her house decluttered. On it they talked about her brother and what happened to him. I can't imagine what she must be going through to see somebody else's life taken by this same guy. My heart goes out to her and the family of the murdered lady. She must feel so frustrated and angry and she has every right to feel that way.
There are just some people in society who should never again see the light of day. Not killing them but just stick them in a hole and leave them. People like Charles Manson, Drew Peterson and a lot of other people who have no qualms whatsoever about taking someone's life or several people's life.
I am not blaming the victim. Nobody knows what he said to her or what lies he told to get her to be with him. She was probably one of those who always try to give other's the benefit of the doubt. She was probably a good person who got mixed up with a bad person and it cost her, her life. It happens everyday. He probably told her " oh baby, I've changed, I'm not like that anymore, yada yada yada. We have all seen them, the lonely desperate woman who has no self esteem and wants to try and 'change" her man.
The juvenile justice system is just as messed up as the adult system. Once there time is up, out you go into the world, to reek havoc yet again. They get no counseling and stuff in there. I should know, my brother was a juvenile delinquent and put in a juvenile prison. He came out worse than when he went in. He never killed anyone, he was in for property crimes and burglary. But it taught him nothing but how to be violent.
All we can hope now is that in this imperfect world that the next judge he faces put's him away, FOREVER.

Gretel

When an animal kills or mauls a human it is put down. When a human kills a human they should be put down too. Mandatory life no parole for all murderers. Jails are overcrowded? Tough zhit. Life with eight other lifers to a cell. The only way out is to die.

DaveT

Should have kept his ass locked up, obviously, justice system failed on this one, like it did with Casey Anthony, we'll be reading about her someday when she kills another kid

Rich

This is terrible. An example of trying to rehabilitate that failed. If he is found guilty either execute him or keep him behind bars till he passes.

Rich

She is such a nice person!!!! Has to carry a BIG LOAD with this.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Check under that skirt, I think *she* may be hiding something...

Good god what the hell IS that thing! The dog faced woman....

I won't grow up

What has happened to the justice system in our country. We let felons out on the street, while putting people in prison for a couple of joints.
I hope the have the death penalty in LA. and I hope they use it.

Gigohead

Sorry to hear that this funny lady suffered such a devastating loss. I agree these young monsters need to be kept away from society.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments