« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

I'm Taking Anger Management Classes

9/19/2012 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091912_chad_nlf_launch
Chad Johnson says he's enrolled in anger management classes ... to learn how to suppress his rage so he doesn't have another violent altercation like the one with his ex-wife.

Johnson made the announcement during an interview with James Brown on "Inside the NFL" ... saying, " I'm trying to find out how can I channel my anger when I'm in situations to where I would pop off."

During the interview, which airs tonight on Showtime, Johnson says he takes full responsibility for the headbutting incident with Evelyn Lozada ... and says, "I think what I need to do is work on Chad."

Johnson has been through anger counseling before -- as we previously reported, Chad was ordered to complete a domestic violence program after battering a former GF back in 2000.

Chad also says he believes the Miami Dolphins cut him from the team solely based on the domestic incident  and NOT because of his performance on the field.

"That was the reason ... there's no need to blow smoke up my ass."

We broke the story ... Johnson officially became a single man earlier today after a judge signed off on his divorce from Lozada ... a divorce he was trying like hell to prevent from happening.

Johnson says he's no longer on speaking terms with Evelyn ... explaining, "There's nothing I can say to her because she's already heard it all ... what can I say ... actions speak louder than words and this is the time for me to show action."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Firstchoice

who cares...Damn donkey!

Kate

It's time to show action. Like maybe... being faithful to the person you're in a committed relationship with?

BellaJ

It's really not that impressive considering the judge will order him to 52 weeks of anger management at his hearing. He's just trying to look good as he heads into court

footballisus

Ive read from football jurnalist, and the altercation that Chad had with his wife had nothing to do with him being cut from the dolphins it was poor performance getting burned by younger players The guy has just lost a step and sadly will never play in the NFL again! This is just some cheap sensationalism to keep his dumb-butt in the public eye!

devilgirl

hmm

scoopie

At least this is going to make him better, not bitter. But she'll still be on that show and talkin smack to everyone and getting paid for it.

Diane

Both Chad and Evelyn needs to take anger management classes. What I don’t get is why didn’t they just get an annulment? Another article mentioned something about a confidential prenuptial agreement. I don’t know the laws in Florida but I would think they could have gotten an annulment. The two fools really deserve each other to be honest. And after Evelyn has hit women on BW, someone needs to sue her.

Maverick

Anger Management classes NEVER work if you think you are trying to suppress your rage.

You need to look at what the actual rage is and where it stems from (you are never angry for the reasons you think you are).

Then you can actually solve your rage problem. Instead of merely suppressing it.

Scary

So does part of him still think he's going to get her back?

lynda

Ok this douche bag is old news. Ocho wife beater. Come on Harvey and tmz. Lets move on

Scary

So does part of him still think he's going to get her back?

Phishie from Philly

Is Charlie Sheen going to be the class leader.
Phishie from Philly

christy

Take the class on how to KEEP YOUR DICK IN YOUR PANTS! Then there won't be a need for anger mgmt! Idiot!

mousetrap

Let's get down to the real nuts and bolts. You don't need anger management, we all have anger and need to let it out somehow. You need to get civilized and refined. A lot of black athletes come from backgrounds that are not at all conducive to civilized, refined behavior. So you give them a bunch of money for their talents and it really just ends up amplifying the situation in a bad way. Stop it. Stop the hitting and ghetto mentality. Live somewhat modestly. Act reserved and conservative. Don't flash money. Treat the woman you have committed yourself to with love and respect, but not in an overly, false, flashy way. In other words, be normal and real.

ohreally

Man he really got that criminal look down. Even in a suit, he looks guilty lmao...Don't get me wrong, I think that evelyn chick is the devil as well
but chad just got that criminal look all over his face.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments