Lindsay Lohan

Arrested

Allegedly Fled Accident Scene

9/19/2012 9:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 9/19/2012 9:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0828_lindsay_lohan_01
update_bar
6:00 AM PT -- Lindsay is telling friends she had no idea she hit anybody and it wasn't until she came out and got arrested that she knew anything was going on.

As for the story about one of the passengers in her SUV getting out of the car and checking for damages, she says it never happened. Nobody ever got out of the car.

Lohan is calling the incident "really fishy" because the man didn't appear to have any visible injuries and feels she's the victim of a set up. She's not going to let the incident go and is planning on fighting it to the end.

7:03 AM PT -- Surveillance video of the Lindsay accident appears to show her accuser was exaggerating.

9:10 AM PT -- Lindsay's accuser says she was "slurring" her words and reeked of booze.

0314_divider_graphic
Lindsay Lohan
was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident early this morning after allegedly clipping a pedestrian in downtown Manhattan ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Lindsay was pulling in to park her Porsche Cayenne near the Dream Hotel in downtown NYC when -- at a very low speed -- she allegedly hit the knee of a 30-something year old guy. That was around shortly after midnight.

We're told one of Lindsay's passengers in the SUV got out and checked the vehicle for damage, and then LiLo and co. went inside the hotel.

We're told someone called police while Lindsay was inside ... and when she walked out of the hotel -- around 2:30AM ET -- officers arrested her.

As Lindsay was taken into custody she frantically screamed, "Call my dad!  Call my dad!"

According to our sources ... Lindsay was taken to the station, fingerprinted, photographed and booked for leaving the scene of an accident -- a misdemeanor -- and then released with a desk appearance ticket ... meaning she did not have to pay bail before release.

We're told alcohol was not involved.

We're told the alleged victim was hospitalized ... however, he was not knocked down or dragged, and didn't have any visible injuries.

This arrest could absolutely trigger a probation violation in Lindsay's jewelry theft case because one of the conditions of probation is she OBEY ALL LAWS.

Even without a conviction, Judge Stephanie Sautner -- the judge in the jewelry theft case -- could haul Lindsay's butt into court if there's probable cause to believe she committed a crime.

0919_lindsay_lohan_pretty_footer_v2

Big D

If I was her I would say send me to jail. 30 days is equal to 2 hours, damn she could sit in county jail for 24 hours and that would be enough for a 1 sentence in the overcrowded LA County Jails. If she did that maybe that would put an end to everybody threatening to put her in jail all the freakin time.

ketjo

Lohan Inc pounding away this morning LOL...Using up all their instand commenters ....
Its a sep up
Out for a pay day
out to get her because she a star

is running neck to neck now with Blame the victem...
Keep the rolling Lohan Inc
Dance Bojangles and Slap
that Tamborine. .....

Good riddance!

Sounds like karma didn't even bother to lube up for this instance!

Thank you NYPD!!!

karlew

Up here we have a show called Canada's worst driver. It's a show where they identify and attempt to rehabilitate terrible drivers. I understand it's an international show. So perhaps you also have an America's Worst Driver? If so I suggest to Lohan that her next role should be as a participant on that show.

Tim

I don't care for Lindsay at all BUT this one sounds like a money grab to me.

Nikki

But, but, but......What about her "Comeback"!

Don't tell me, we have to wait another six years...Bwahahha!

SensibleSense

In related news, Lindsey claims the thirty year old male pedestrian was Amanda Bynes in drag. "This nickledeon byotch wants to still my spotlight," announced Lindsey.

devilgirl

It's all Dr.Phil's fault!

Mali

Thats the second ginger this week. (No pun intended)

Joan K

Someday, maybe she will get what she deserves but I very much doubt it. Why is this "B" even behind the wheel of anything, anymore?

Rob

I guess Lindsay was getting upset with all the attention Amanda Bynes was getting.

Mirtim

I do not care for Lindsay at all BUT this one sounds like a money grab to me.

jedifarfy

From what I read on articles that talked to the police, she "hit" the guy, who then runs up to her and gets in her face. She goes inside, he calls police.

He ran up to her.

HE RAN UP TO HER.

Knee injury? Please. You saw it was Lohan and knew you could get 15 seconds of fame and some cash.

I love how she "fled" the scene by parking and going inside.

Lindsay, get a driver just so these people can't go after you every time your mirror brushes their shirt when they are standing in the roadway.

StarryStarryNight

that is one ugly old wh*re.

here2opine