Paris Hilton

Gay Men Are Disgusting

... Most Probably Have AIDS

9/20/2012 6:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0920_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton is under fire for comments she made about gay men ... claiming, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world ... they're disgusting. Dude, most of them probably have AIDS."

The comments were made during a Sept. 7 cab ride in NYC -- and Hilton's team claims the cab driver secretly recorded the audio while Paris was having a conversation with a gay friend.

During the conversation, a man can be heard bringing up Grindr -- a popular phone app that gay men sometimes use to find sexual partners.

Hilton responds, "Ewwww ... gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS ... I would be so scared if I was a gay guy ... you'll like die of AIDS."

Hilton's rep has released a statement ... saying, "Paris Hilton’s comments were to express that it is dangerous for anyone to have unprotected sex that could lead to a life threatening disease."

"The conversation became heated, after a close gay friend told her in a cab ride, a story about a gay man who has AIDS and is knowingly having unprotected sex. He also discussed a website that encourages random sex by gay men with strangers."

"As she was being shown the website her comments were in reference to those people promoting themselves on the site. The cab driver who recorded this, only provided a portion of the conversation."

"It was not her intent to make any derogatory comments about all gays."

"Paris Hilton is a huge supporter of the gay community and would never purposefully make any negative statements about anyone’s sexual orientation.”

0920_gay_pride_footer

Denz Norton

Now here's a chic who is clearly not in the know. HIV is not discriminatory to just gay people It can be anybodies disease. Paris, you need to get educated and stop spouting your ignorance and looks ****ty on you. shame on you too.

Wtfsmh

So what if she said that! And why isn't that cab guy getting sued ? How dare he record people talking! I'm not a fan of Paris but c'mon it's not a big deal everybody talks ****

Mary Gibson

Why does anyone get upset at anything a Hollywood celebrity says. No one can offend you without your consent. I alone can determine and be accountabile for what I believe and it is only my problem. Sheer stupidity.

TAZM1

I agree with her.

some guy

Correction: guys are all the horniest. Gay guys are just more successful in carrying out their horny intentions.

BeReal

Very politically incorrect comment by Paris. She will pay big-time for this indiscretion.

shalisha

And this is news?? Paris Hilton is desperate to get back into the spotlight.

Mike

She was talking TO her GAY FRIEND.. If she really hated gays would she hang out with one? The comment made is like a sister telling her brother he's disgusting even though they're good buddies. It's all in good humor. Her friend was clearly not offended. You can honestly measure a friendship's strength when friends don't offend each other with this kind of humor.

Steph

Honestly, while I dislike Paris, she was probably kidding. She was with a gay friend and I know my gay friends and I rag on each other's grossness. They think vaginas are gross, I'm not offended. Ya know? Context...

kade

I hate to admit this, but I agree with Paris Hilton. Obviously, not all gay guys are disgusting and not all have AIDS but many young gay guys do engage is very risky behavior that needs to be admonished in the strongest way possible. A gay guy I work with had a freak out about an HIV test after finding out his long time boyfriend had been meeting up with random guys on Craigslist without using protection. I know, guys are guys but there's a reason gays have an HIV problem and it's not their sexual orientation, it's the fact they are males! Women do help reduce the spread of diseases. Even Paris Hilton has more sense than many young gay guys.

Ijustwanttosaythis

Poor little mindless Rich girl! Does she know yet that NO one cares what she thinks? Get a life, grow up, do some Good somewhere, without a camera. In an "average" family she would be a parents nightmare!

Sarah

Am not a fan of hers but the cabbie is way out of line to record her conversation and I think she should sue for it 'celeb' or not she should be able to have some privacy. I understand if she was talking about doing something that was dangerous or to harm someone but it wasnt. If this is what she feels thats her opinion and choice and to be honest I do think it has been taken way out of proportion. If she really didnt like gay people she wouldnt be hanging around them or having them as close friends.

jensysco

I thought Paris Hilton was a gay man? I am confused.

ValVal

LOOOL. Bitch might need to check herself first before saying anything.

Jazontherise

Shes right gay guys never pertect them selfs, im sure most have aids...they are disgusting