Supermodel Maggie Rizer

United Airlines Killed My Dog

9/22/2012 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0922-maggie-rizer-twitter
Supermodel Maggie Rizer says United Airlines killed her dog -- and then lied about it.

Maggie says she was flying from NYC to San Fran two weeks ago and brought her 2-year-old Golden Retriever along. Maggie says Bea and her other dog were crated in the underbelly of the plane.

According to Maggie, the plane was delayed for two hours and the plane got so hot the pilot told the passengers to open their air vents.  She believes the cargo area wasn't ventilated and the hot air caused her dog to die of heat stroke.

And it gets worse.  Maggie says United coldly told her after the plane landed that one of her dogs was dead and then lied to her -- saying they sent the dog to the vet for a necropsy (to determine cause of death) but that never happened. The dead dog was just sitting in the crate.

Maggie says, "I am so saddened by the complete lack of competence, honesty and compassion that United has shown."  Nevertheless, she is not planning to sue.  FYI, the liability limitations would not make a lawsuit worth her time.

A rep for United said the company is sorry for Maggie's loss, but said they found no mechanical or operational issues with Bea’s flight and the investigation is ongoing.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

moussemaker

Breaking news? It was posted by People yesterday http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20631952,00.html

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The dog's mad at you. Why couldn't you just leave her at a kennel where others could have tend to her till you got back. But no, you had to drag her along. Now, look what gone happened.

Raymond

Ok then, among the whole bunch of models around the world, how high is the percentage of "supermodels". 99.9?

cobrazombie

"heat stoke"? STROKE

Laura

I'm very sorry about their dog--I can't imagine how that must feel to lose a pet like that. I also have to say I have never heard of her, and I would think I would have if she were a supermodel.

Ellen

"sent to the vent" ...and... "saddened by the complete lack of honestly"

Do you even read through these posts???

Phishie from Philly

That is horrible. These pricks must have went to the same school as Michael Vick. United Air better fix the problem before it happens again and pay up to Maggie.
Phishie from Philly

magentapyramid

I am so very, very sorry for her loss.

Max

Sorry for the loss of your pet because that sucks, we all know that. However, you don't take pets on planes unless you HAVE to. Moving or whatever, but not for vacations or business trips, there's too much that can happen.

Phishie from Philly

We've never heard of her because she's a super hand model.
Phishie from Philly

Snidly

I feel bad for the dog but I don't give a rat's ass about this out of shape model.

Thomas Jefferson

Maybe they shouldn't people to bring pets on flights. It just seems dangerous..

Sir Boo

She's a model? For what?

Val

I was going to have my dog travel in the underbelly of the plane (because I was moving) and while researching the risks found out that there was no ventilation in the underbelly of the plane. There have also been cases where the plane hit turbulence and the cages were opened accidently then died of either fighting with other animals (they're scared) or by debris falling around in the underbelly of the plane. I'm so sorry she lost her dog.

ibjujub

I guess UA doesn't like pets or small children.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments