Supermodel Maggie Rizer

United Airlines Killed My Dog

9/22/2012 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0922-maggie-rizer-twitter
Supermodel Maggie Rizer says United Airlines killed her dog -- and then lied about it.

Maggie says she was flying from NYC to San Fran two weeks ago and brought her 2-year-old Golden Retriever along. Maggie says Bea and her other dog were crated in the underbelly of the plane.

According to Maggie, the plane was delayed for two hours and the plane got so hot the pilot told the passengers to open their air vents.  She believes the cargo area wasn't ventilated and the hot air caused her dog to die of heat stroke.

And it gets worse.  Maggie says United coldly told her after the plane landed that one of her dogs was dead and then lied to her -- saying they sent the dog to the vet for a necropsy (to determine cause of death) but that never happened. The dead dog was just sitting in the crate.

Maggie says, "I am so saddened by the complete lack of competence, honesty and compassion that United has shown."  Nevertheless, she is not planning to sue.  FYI, the liability limitations would not make a lawsuit worth her time.

A rep for United said the company is sorry for Maggie's loss, but said they found no mechanical or operational issues with Bea’s flight and the investigation is ongoing.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Art Fugue

Supermodel?

Maggie Rizer?

Who?

Spicy mag

Clone the dog using a strand of its hair. Then put that new clone dog on a flight, and if it dies, clone that dog. Repeat.

Hyde

A few years ago I was way in the back of a Delta plane waiting to unload. I was looking out the window and watched in horror as a dog crate was allowed to fall off the end of the luggage conveyor. I complained to everyone I could find at Delta, but no one gave a shiz. Airlines and pets don't mix.

Obama2012

I would never, ever subject an animal to that terror. What an unbelievable tragedy.

Jo Ann

I hope this is a wake up call to airlines that accomodations for pets traveling with their owners must change. This is not the first time a pet has died of heat stroke while travelining on a plane.
My heart goes out to this family for their loss, and to to the other dog that has just lost her best friend. So, so sad.

Thomas Jefferson

Supermodel yeah right!

Thomas Jefferson

I think the airlines shouldn't allow pets on board unless someone is moving as it's too much liability and if you need your liittle fofo with you at all times see a doctor.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7