« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Deion Sanders

My Child Support Payments

Are TOO DAMN HIGH!

9/23/2012 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0921_deion_sanders_pilar_01Deion Sanders is furious that a judge ordered him to pay up over $10,000/month in child support to his estranged wife Pilar ... claiming it's simply not fair.

Sanders just filed docs in Texas Supreme Court challenging the support order that was established in a lower court back in May.

In his docs, Sanders says $10k/month is actually SIX TIMES more than Texas law requires ... and he wants his child support obligation significantly reduced.

But Pilar claims Deion is worth roughly $250 MILLION ... and the TX Supreme Court shouldn't have any sympathy for Prime Time ... or change the support structure that's already in place.

In fact, Pilar has filed her own legal docs outlining why she needs so much cash from Deion. Among the highlights:
-- $2,000/month for a special diet for the kids
-- $900/month on uniforms and shoes for the kids' sports activities
-- $500/ month on the children's cell phones

Pilar also claims she spends $450 on haircuts for her sons and treatments for her daughter's "very thick curly hair."

Style doesn't come cheap.

Pilar's lawyer tells TMZ, "Once again, Mr. Sanders has not followed the Court's direct orders and has attempted to make up his own rules. It is clear that he still thinks he is "above the law."

The court has yet to rule on Deion's request. Stay tuned ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Laura

Deion could sell just one of his homes and still have millions left over after paying $10,000 a month for the duration.

bigcasino

2000 a month for a special diet?????

Spider

$120,000 a year for someone worth $250,000,000? What the hell is he squawking about? It would take 2083 years for him to deplete his fortune paying that child support.

roll3567

It may be like acid in his mouth, but Sometimes it's just cheaper and easier to pay. He's got the dough, so just stroke the check for the sake of the kids and be glad the woman is out of your life.

Brian

It's his money. He put the time in, took the hits and his talent/personality led him to his NFL on FOX gig.

Women want equality until the the divorce then pretend to be helpless victims.

KicksandGiggles

He should pay according to his income. He doesn't mind sporting his $$$ suits, etc show boating and grinning like a possum in after glow so he should pay by income just like any other man.

TMS

$900 A MONTH on sports uniforms and shoes?!?! That's $10,800 A YEAR! Seriously?!?! Does she not realize that you don't purchase a new uniform and shoes every month? She has four kids. Even if they each played three sports each and each sport's uniform and shoes cost $500 (and I'm being VERY generous) that's only $6,000.

joethaplumber

Bottom Line is child support is based on current income, not past wealth until in dries you out and then current income!!!!

CHILD SUPPORT IS A PERCENT OF CURRENT INCOME, NOT A VACUUM CLEANER FOR YOUR SAVINGS ACCOUNT!!!

SueH

She should need to show receipts or he just directly take over those bills. You MIGHT need $900 for a season of gear etc, not a month!

Blackman2day

Wow, I can't believe some of the Sistas. I don't hear y'all bashing the white women who receive $10,000 to $20,000 child support payments from Black athletes even after receiving up to 50% of the atheletes net worth. Pilar did not get 50%. I'm sure that Deion would like for his kids to enjoy a nice lifestyle. Or maybe he is positioning himself to petition the court to get custody because Pilar can't provide for the kids as well as he can. Deion is playing games.

Blackman2day

Tommy G.

I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU GUYS GET TALKED INTO MARRIGE.I GOT MARRIED AND IT WAS THE WORST SEVEN YEARS OF MY LIFE.I AM HAPPY THAT IS OVER AND YES I DID PAY MY CHILD SUPPORT ON TIME EVERY MONTH.THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE FROM EXPERIANCE.PUS*Y IS FREE(MOST OF THE TIME)BUT ONCE YOU SLIDE THE RING ON YOUR FINGER IT ALL CHANGES REAL QUICK.LOOK AT THAT GOLD DIGGER OF OCHO C.LOVE YOU GUYS BUT DAMM DON'TGET MARRIED

yenny

I don't know how old their children are, but a $500 phone bill for 4 children is ridiculous! Even teenagers don't NEED that big of a cell plan, it's just a luxury. When I was a kid NOBODY had a cell phone, and we survived. Don't get me wrong, I'd give my kid a cell phone when they're old/responsible enough, it's nice to be able to get in contact with them, if they are out with friends, pick them up from school, etc....but NO WAY would I pay that much! Bare basics phone is fine for a kid, they should be in school most days so they shouldn't be on the phone that much anyways! If they want a bigger cell plan and they are old enough, they should get a job and pay for it themselves, teach your kid to work for what they want, don't just hand it to them, they will never turn out to be responsible adults! And $900 a month on clothes for sports??? I know their dad is a pro, but $900??? I can probably see $900 for the year, more likely. $450 for haircuts, ever heard of a barber shop for the boys? As for the $2000 for a special diet, that one I could understand more than the other ridiculous amounts. It's still a HUGE amount, but if their kids are gluten intolerant or something, I know that can be expensive! I spend about $400 a month on food with for 4 with one kid on a special diet. I think $2000 is PLENTY if not WAY too much! I just think she's a gold digger!

Tammy

This $10K a month in child support confuses me because I thought he had primary custody of the kids. Am I wrong?

ELLIE

HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIS ZIPPER UP INSTEAD OF DOWN MOST OF THE TIME. THEN HE WOULD NOT BE PISSING AND MOANING ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS. CERTAINLY WAS NOT ADAM WHO MADE THOSE BABES, NON OTHER THAN DEION SANDERS.
SO YOU QUIT YOUR COMPLAINING AND PAY UP BUSTER.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments