Green Day Frontman

Enters Rehab

After On-Stage Meltdown

9/23/2012 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0923_billie-joel-armstrong_getty
Green Day's front man Billie Joe Armstrong is entering rehab for substance abuse ... a rep for the band tells TMZ.

The news comes just two days after Armstrong went ballistic in Vegas during a performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival. He was videotaped screaming obscenities, slamming Justin Bieber and violently smashing his guitar on-stage.

The band's rep tells TMZ,  "Green day wants to apologize to those they offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas."

The rep adds, "The band regretfully must postpone some of their upcoming promotional appearances.“

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

itsnoise

And here I thought he was just mad because they cut his gig short. Who knew?

MrHarrybawls2010

This is sort of like Carrot Top or Sinbad cancelling tour dates....most of the general population won't care and some will even be very thankful.

Lauren

Well, hope he gets better... But still, last nights rant was kind of awesome.

PopTart

I KNEW IT!!! When they performed on America's Got Talent a couple weeks ago - I kept looking at him thinking to myself. He's freaky high right now!

Gloria Unread

Why? Hating Justin Bieber is a sign of mental fitness.
Throwing the guitar in the audience is the only part I took issue with. He could have seriously hurt someone.. electric guitars are heavy. (and the fact that's what first came to my mind makes me officially old...)

Becky

'I AM NOT ****ING JUSTIN BIEBER'

Good because I am sure Ms. Gomez would be shocked :)

sookietex

No surprise here. Earlier in the year at an awards show [don't remember if it was the grammys or the american music awards] i thought the Green Day front man's profanity laced performance was cause for concern & he seemed extremely angry for no apparent reason.

Steve

Billie when you stand for something bigger than you you cannot behave smaller. Get better and stay better. It's not just about you.

Rodney

So a Punk Rock Band Has to go to Rehab when they do Punk Rock ****..

FAIL Our Country SUCKS

DaveT

Good Luck bro, and Justin Bieber forgives you, he's a good guy like that ;)

sherryk13

He told it like it was!!!! Hope he gets better soon,

Gloria Unread

His rep used the non-apologetic "I'm sorry YOU were offended" apology.
For once, I'd just like to hear a celebrity say "I'm not sorry. I need to go to rehab because I have problems. But I'm not f'ing sorry for what I said."

joe-schmoe

is mike dirnt goin too??? he smashed his bass too.. does that mean he's on drugs??? without the drugs, billy aint gonna be the same..

Rick

To be honest I can't believe its been this long. They've been declining heavily in popularity since that album 'American Idiot'. They're all in their 40s trying to tap into the 20s subculture. At some point the breaking point will happen. Hope he recovers though and becomes better off. From experience, whatever "substance" it is that he needs treatment for. My guess? Heroin.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Damn cocaine pupils gives it away. Also has an eyeliner addiction. See if they can take care of that at the rehab as well while you're at it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments