Green Day Frontman

Enters Rehab

After On-Stage Meltdown

9/23/2012 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0923_billie-joel-armstrong_getty
Green Day's front man Billie Joe Armstrong is entering rehab for substance abuse ... a rep for the band tells TMZ.

The news comes just two days after Armstrong went ballistic in Vegas during a performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival. He was videotaped screaming obscenities, slamming Justin Bieber and violently smashing his guitar on-stage.

The band's rep tells TMZ,  "Green day wants to apologize to those they offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas."

The rep adds, "The band regretfully must postpone some of their upcoming promotional appearances.“

haha

so leave the man alone you idiots, its magazines like you who makes a situation like this worse, morons.

YouDontSay

If you hadn't of told me it was a meltdown I would have thought it was awesome.

haha

magazines like you ****es up a man in a situation like this, leave him alone.

craig

WHAT!!!!???????YOU ***GGGG....THERE IS NOOO MORE ROCK,I THOUGHT YOU WHERE THE MAN,YOU SCHOOLED THEM...YOU SAID YOU ARE ON STAGE BEFORE BEAVER WAS BORN...I REMEMBER THROWING MUD AT YOU DURING 1994 WOODSTOCK AND YOU GONNA QUIT BECAUSE YOU ACTED COOL AS ISH ON STAGE????

Calinative

Isn't that normal behavior fr a rock star? I think so it isn't shocking at all to me. And who cares about Justin Beiber anyway, his music is for kids in my opnion.

StevenB

Going to phony PR rehab puts the last nail in the pseudo-punk coffin that was already shut by making their songs into a musical.

laffnbear

The air will be quieter and cleaner now.

julie

Billie Joe wouldn't apologize, he wouldnt give two f*cks about who he offended to be honest.
It was such a management move to apologize.
He had EVERY RIGHT to be mad, he's been around since the late 80s, who the f*ck are iheart radio to cut his performance for Usher? get the f&ck out of here.
Billie, im praying for you and your recovery.

yellowfinns

This would be normal behavior in a clubs in Berkeley/Oakland where they statrted. GD seems like they want the corporate money but hate what goes back with it. Go back to your roots boys and ditch the drugs...you don't need em!

PEEwee

HAHAHA I love how Mike (the Bassist) just joins him like "Yeah! oh ok we're smashing ****? Yeah yeah!" The sign of true bros.

Emilio

Real punks don't do rehab...

Howards WIg

Like I said to this limp wrist yesterday GO WASH YOUR PU$$Y

NikLuvsGreenDay

Hope Billie gets some much needed rest......but he still had every right to tell them what they did was disrespectful. I have huge RESPECT for him and you only have to watch the footage in full to know what he did was right!!!

Howards WIg

I want to ride my horse but she is never in the barn

flubbergast

they old school. rock and roll. i'd be mad too to be shut up with a clock for the next pop bull****.

thumbs up. he opened his mouth in front of the biz.