Green Day Frontman

Enters Rehab

After On-Stage Meltdown

9/23/2012 12:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0923_billie-joel-armstrong_getty
Green Day's front man Billie Joe Armstrong is entering rehab for substance abuse ... a rep for the band tells TMZ.

The news comes just two days after Armstrong went ballistic in Vegas during a performance at the iHeart Radio Music Festival. He was videotaped screaming obscenities, slamming Justin Bieber and violently smashing his guitar on-stage.

The band's rep tells TMZ,  "Green day wants to apologize to those they offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas."

The rep adds, "The band regretfully must postpone some of their upcoming promotional appearances.“

taz

I have all the respect in the world for Billie Joe. Whatever he's dealing with, I know he'll be back strong and kickin' some more ass (all things aside, he had every right to be upset).

elpablo

Yeah, this guy really is a sick f@ck. Anytime a dooshebag like this makes a song called "American Idiot," he totally disrespects the country that gave him his wealth and fame. It's clear during that time, that when this idiot went overseas and was doing shows playing that song, i.e., Germany, France, etc., when their singing the lyrics to "American Idiot," there's a different meaning there for them. F this guy for disrespecting American and who gives a F@ck whether he gets treatment or not. He can go f@ck himself. F@cking communist!

BB

If that warrants a freakin' apology, rock&roll is beyond dead.

Reason

hahahahahaha - this is what happens when you have mainstream idiots into a corporate fake punk band. REAL punk bands have been smashing things and throwing them into the audience for 30 years. Never leads them to have to apologize to the public and go to rehab.

Bea

Blvd of broken dreams....:(

Fantod

I like Green Day a bit, I guess, thought I'm not a rabid fan. However, to all blathering on about Green Day being washed up, over-the-hill, and irrelevant: what have you done with your loserama life? Did you also tour the world? Did your music become a broadway musical? Did you fill stadiums with tens of thousands of people? Do you have millions of fans of your creative output? No? Is it more like you are sitting around in your underwear slamming successful people in a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel momentarily superior? Yes, I think that's it.

2drk2fck

obviously some people on this thread dont know that this is a PUNK ROCK band and have no clue what a show is like but jeez havent you heard of the WHO? Pete Townsend always smashes his guitars! I knew he was having a meltdown though I hope he gets the treatment he needs and wasnt pshed into this by management.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

I hope you get better Billie. I enjoyed all the concerts I attended.You are truly an awesome entertainer/performer. You're a babe <3 My 2 daughters and I are pulling for you ..Good memories of how nice you were

stephvig

Hope he'll be better to be a mentor on The Voice!! Was really looking forward to seeing him on there!!!

tiff321

wow i didn't know that he had a drug problem. thats shocking that he had a drug problem he married and i think he has kids. but wow

CC

5 hits to demolish his guitar. He so strong......

jokerchick

lame

Andrea

He is a rock star! Leave him alone. That's what we love to see in our rock stars. Its not safe but WTH.

ganjie

They have a NEW ALBUM that just came out...hes doing it for the ATTENTION! nobody gives a crap anymore.

robert

Waaaaaaaa...Boo Hoo!!!.....This Green Day Punk is like a Three Year Old , throwing a Temper Tantrum on stage...Their Music IS NOT very Good Anyways....THEY SUCK BIG TIME!!!!