Sheriff Dept. Spokesman

Rips Fiona Apple

'Just Shut Up and Sing'

9/24/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0924_rusty_fiona_01
Fiona Apple is an ignorant fool who should stop criticizing law enforcement and "just shut up and sing" ... this according to the spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept.

HCSD Public Information Officer Rusty Fleming is firing back at the singer after she publicly blasted 4 officers for allegedly mistreating her during her arrest for possession of hash and marijuana at a Texas border patrol stop last week.  In a rambling statement at her concert following the bust, Apple had threatened to make the cops "f*cking famous" as a punishment for their inappropriate actions.

Fleming has personally responded to the accusations with a letter to Apple ... and it's AWESOME.

It starts off ... "First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine."

The letter continues, "Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, -- now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you."

"Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail."

"Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing.”

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming"

update_bar
Rusty called in to "TMZ Live" today where he continued to put Fiona on blast.

092412_rusty_tmzlive_launch

Kali

Wow Rusty sounds like he needs to smoke a bowl. Fiona is a human being and she has the right to say whatever the hell she likes. "Law enforcement" people are getting to big for their badges. They get paid by the taxpayers-especially rich ones like Fiona so I think HE needs to shut up. Americans have the right to free speech and he'd better damn remember it.

Parker

LAST TIME I HEARD ...THE UNITED STATES HAS FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WHY DONT THIS WHITE TRASH PIG COP LOOK THAT UP....HES LIKE ANY AZZOLE YOU GIVE A GUN TOO...SO WHY DONT YOU JUST SHUT YOUR FAT AZZ MOUTH AND GO DO YOUR JOB.....CAUSE YOURE COMING OUT TO LOOK LIKE A PANTY WASTE...A USED AZZ TAMPON!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I bet he defends that guy that made that anti-muslim movie, bet he and his buddies spout "freedom of speech" when they agree with the speech...Fiona Apple doesn't have to shut up.

Parker

why dont this pig just shut up and do what pigs are meant to do....sniff out truffles!

Mayu

THANK YOU Sheriff! seriously.... I didn't even know Fiona Apple still existed. She only had like 1 or 2 songs way back that were okay... then she fell off the face of the earth till now. Even now I hear people asking who the hell she is. she's a hasbeen druggie. that is all.

Tabloid Diva

I hope she sings everything that happened now, see how he likes that, stupid dick- another cop who thinks he's all that, smh, yup, we need more of those!

Harold

I'm not defending Fiona Apple and I'm not a fan, but it's pretty obvious good ol' boy Rusty here is a sexist pig. I don't expect much from a singer, but a cop? Worse, a spokesperson for the police? Wow. Way to be professional.

Houdinis Scrotum

Who the fk is Fiona Apple?

Straight Talkin Texan

Yes, ladies and gentleman, Rusty is a perfect example of what I call Bubbas with Badges, and Texas is full of them. That's one of the things I do NOT like about Texas. Hey, Rusty, why don't YOU shut up and just do your job! Nobody cares about what YOU have to say; that's for sure! And keep dreamin' if you think you're more famous than Apple! And what a condescending jerk to refer to her as "sweetie" and "honey." This Bubba with a Badge needs a dose of reality in regard to sexist language. Supposedly it's not acceptable to use it these days.

ohreally

I will say this, normally when a male uses the term 'sweety' when referring to a female, that usually indicates some sort of condescension. Thumbs down for that, but other than that, good letter and advice.

DaveT

Nonsense on the 'sexism' crap
Texas women also call men 'dahlin'' and 'sweetie' all the time :D
There is no evidence or sign of sexism in this situation.
As usual the feminists are trying to turn something into a gender issue and distracting from the real issue.
Cutting the top of the weed off and then leaving the root.
That's why most of the country doesn't respect feminists ;)

Danielle

I think this guy's letter, due to his position, is totally out of line and that he should be reprimanded for it.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

He should have told her to come back with more dope so he can lock her ass up again but this time, with more time.

jason

Condescend, borderline misogynistic. shouldn't a police officer stay dignified and be the better man? wow. extremely unprofessional.

hasstdoo

You duhasst me?!.freedom of speech doesn`t let one shut up or how could he be talikng about shutting up?.He should be happy she`s running off at the mouth maybe in court they will get a conviction?.I love apple so WTF is she mooks abowl who cares?.