Sheriff Dept. Spokesman

Rips Fiona Apple

'Just Shut Up and Sing'

9/24/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0924_rusty_fiona_01
Fiona Apple is an ignorant fool who should stop criticizing law enforcement and "just shut up and sing" ... this according to the spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept.

HCSD Public Information Officer Rusty Fleming is firing back at the singer after she publicly blasted 4 officers for allegedly mistreating her during her arrest for possession of hash and marijuana at a Texas border patrol stop last week.  In a rambling statement at her concert following the bust, Apple had threatened to make the cops "f*cking famous" as a punishment for their inappropriate actions.

Fleming has personally responded to the accusations with a letter to Apple ... and it's AWESOME.

It starts off ... "First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine."

The letter continues, "Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, -- now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you."

"Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail."

"Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing.”

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming"

update_bar
Rusty called in to "TMZ Live" today where he continued to put Fiona on blast.

092412_rusty_tmzlive_launch

Surprised

Wait so you're telling me that Fiona Apple is still singing? Even more than that people still go to see her? Well by the looks of it...could have been a county fair but still....really?!?!

Liz

How inappropriate for this Police Officer to respond in this manner but typical for Texas.

Chris aka "Tree"

Hey Rusty,
Im sorry your career as a backup singer for some backwoods dive bar band.....here's a little advice for you,stop writing stupid letters to people who have a right to free speech.. STFU Rusty.
P.S. I'm coming to Texas with dope and I guarantee ur po-dung ass wont find it!!

dd

LOL, but he should not take it personally all criminals bitch when they get caught.

Kartrashian Klown

I think Fiona needs rehab. I was a fan of hers back in the day and she always did act kinda weird. She needs to stop smoking that stuff and get herself clean.

roll3567

hes right about shut up and sing, but its sad that he has dedicated his whole to fighting an un winnable war on dr**s. the reason they pull these tour buses over is in hopes of finding a little weed and grabbing some more headlines. prosecuting personal use marijuana cases is a waste of time and money. if texas spent as much on enforcing marijuana laws as they did say education or helping the states large poor population, they would be much better off.

Eddie

Lookit, everyone here who is ANTI-Rusty is taking offense because Rusty is WHITE. The Obama Administration has led crackdowns on pot growers in California — the state with 'legalized' medical marijuana — since October 2011.
This, after Obama pledged as a candidate in 2008 to cease DEA raids in California as President. In March 2009 Atty. Gen. Eric Holder announced 'a shift in the enforcement of federal drug laws, saying the administration would effectively end the Bush administration’s frequent raids on distributors of medical marijuana.'
In October 2011, Department of Justice officials announced that they would be going after cannabis operations throughout the State. Hundreds of dispensaries have been forced to shut down, thousands of employees at said businesses have lost their jobs as a result, and California is losing out on much-needed sales tax revenue.
In an interview with Rolling Stone in April 2012, Obama hedged on his campaign promise: 'What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana. I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana.'
Marijuana advocates take issue with Obama's Rolling Stone qualification. Chris Hermes of Americans for Safe Access does not think the federal government has only been targeting a specific type of business. 'It's an indiscriminate attack. They arent going after dispensaries that are breaking state law; they're investigating all of them. They've been pretty effective at intimidating the entire medical marijuana community. Much more so than Bush was during his time in office.'
Furthermore, it seems that local über-liberals such as Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and the Los Angeles City Council aren't so keen on dope on their watch, either. Why, just earlier this month a blanket ban on medical marijuana dispensaries in the City of LA — all 763 registered storefronts — was passed by UNANIMOUS City Council vote. Signed into law forthwith by Mayor Tony V.

Morticia Cowghoul

HAHAHHAHAHAHA. love it. I smoke a lot of 'dope' and i know better than to go to that part of the state w/ ANYTHANG. They'll get ya. Boy I bet all his "honey and sweetie" stuff made her blood boil.
hahahahah. I don't care for her music so I think this if funny. I also think she so full of herself and so pretentious. I think she looks good in black and white stripes. hahahaha.

anya2u

Couldn't have said it better, Officer....... oh, wait..... how about " Quit being a crybaby and STFU !

karenjj

What an ignorant idiot and good ole' boy. He obviously enjoys degrading women with his honey and sweetie comments. I hope Fiona exposes them for what they are. He may be more famous - in his own mind and with his God complex. I think Rusty need to shut the fck up and have another donut.

Xiolablu

What a dumb redneck.

Xiolablu

He's a legend in his own mind, typical of how these men act, I have seen them in action for years, all the same, nothing funny about it, just your typical redneck.

foxypinkgirl

the guy seems like a loudmouth piece of **** anyways. besides, I'd believe her in the mishandling part, since cops are dirty these days and I'm sure the statistics are higher in Texas. besides, is her ranting all that surprising to you? she's a legend at ranting; whether on stage, in an interview/tv or out in public. I think that dude is only famous in his small town, she did give him 15 minutes of fame. one more thing, why do guys down south feel the need to be the loudest? it's annoying and too loud on the ears.

Lisa-Centereach

STFU you loser burn out. Your just pissed because you got caught.

Jo

I am a 50+-year-old conservative Christian white woman who knows of Fiona Apple and her talent, but who hasn't followed her career. It is important to me for everyone to know that before I offer my opinion. I am not an everything-goes liberal, teenager or a user of illegal drugs - or even legal ones.

Having said that, I would like to say that I am HORRIFIED by this police spokesman's letter to Ms. Apple.

Could there be a bigger jackass in the country right now? That condescending, hateful and extremely unprofessional letter should prompt that person's supervisor to begin discipline procedures against him.

That letter was VERY much more of a reflection on what a small-minded, misogynist jerk that Rusty Fleming is than it does on anything Fiona Apple did.

My only consolation to Fiona Apple would be to let that horrible letter be, that ol' Rusty will get his one day. Trust me; it never fails. People like him always get theirs, and if you just wait long enough, you will see it happen. And when it does, it is sweet to everyone who has been victimize by this jackass.