Sheriff Dept. Spokesman

Rips Fiona Apple

'Just Shut Up and Sing'

9/24/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0924_rusty_fiona_01
Fiona Apple is an ignorant fool who should stop criticizing law enforcement and "just shut up and sing" ... this according to the spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept.

HCSD Public Information Officer Rusty Fleming is firing back at the singer after she publicly blasted 4 officers for allegedly mistreating her during her arrest for possession of hash and marijuana at a Texas border patrol stop last week.  In a rambling statement at her concert following the bust, Apple had threatened to make the cops "f*cking famous" as a punishment for their inappropriate actions.

Fleming has personally responded to the accusations with a letter to Apple ... and it's AWESOME.

It starts off ... "First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine."

The letter continues, "Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, -- now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you."

"Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail."

"Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing.”

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming"

update_bar
Rusty called in to "TMZ Live" today where he continued to put Fiona on blast.

092412_rusty_tmzlive_launch

I am Spartacus

Sounds to me like this clown is using her for media attention. I've never heard of this guy until now so he can think he's more famous all he wants, doesn't make it true.

If you're going to be a spokesman for the Jail, have some class.

I am Spartacus

And the fact that he called in to TMZ today further proves that he's the fame-whore using this story to get publicity. Nobody knew who this clown was until now.

Don't worry, she won't charge you for that

huhwhat

Hey Sheriff D-bag,
I've got all of Fiona Apple's albums and I've seen her perform each one, and I've never HEARD OF YOU. Leave TMZ to the REAL CELEBRITIES and stick to your day job.

KatieGrace

I wish people could read the article correctly! It clearly says he is a spokesmen not that he is a cop! He might not be your definition of famous, but he is well know in the media for producing t.v shows and films. Maybe y'all (YES I"M FROM ****ING TEXAS, YOU"RE WELCOME) should EDUCATE YOURSELVES!

Raymond

All this makes it look like she's having a point.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Chris

So THAT'S where my tax dollars went. This guy should be fired ASAP and lose his pension.

Dina

TMZ, Spot on! I enjoyed the article.

J

Oh, really, Fiona? The pigs laughed at you while you were in your cell? You must be the only person this has happened to!

Matt

GIVE IT A REST COP. How about shut up and LEGALIZE a beautiful plant many of us enjoy??? It will be legal someday, just stop arresting people over it already and focus on REAL crimes!

Beauty

He looks like Uncle Fester from The Addams Family.

somewhere in Texas

only an idot would take drugs thru a Texas border patrol checkpoint. We border Mexico.

kitnplayn

HEY, MAYBE THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT SHOULD STFU. YOU ARE PAID TO DO A JOB. YOU ARE NOT PAID TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN DO WITH THEIR FREE SPEECH. I KNOW YOU ARE USED TO PUSHING PEOPLE AROUND, BUT MAYBE SOMEBODY SHOULD PUSH YOU OUT OF YOUR JOB, SINCE YOU CAN'T SEEM TO EFFECT LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH A BASIC REPECT FOR HUMAN BEINGS.

Mclovin

Nuff Said!

Xiolablu

He's not, but he looks like my rapist from childhood.