Andy Williams

Dead at 84

9/26/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0926_andy_williams_01
Legendary singer and TV host Andy Williams has died.

According to his rep, Williams passed away last night at his home in Branson, MO after a year-long battle with bladder cancer. He was 84.

The "Moon River" singer -- who recorded 18 gold and 5 platinum certified albums -- is survived by his wife Debbie and his three children, Robert, Noelle, and Christian.

He hosted "The Andy Williams Show" from 1962-1971. He also hosted the Grammys from 1971-1977.

0926_remembering_andy_williams_footer

Sandie

So sad... Another talented great gone!... Soon Hollywood will be filled with ugly wanna be punk losers that could never dream of having the talent as Mr Williams had!... Rest in peace!

ELLIE

ANDY YOU WERE THE BEST I LOVED YOUR SINGING AND I WATCHED YOUR SHOW EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.
WHEN YOU ARE IN HEAVEN YOU CAN SING FOR THE FOLKS THERE.

Beauty

"Moon river wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day." And so you have, RIP.

niles

We will never forget how he supported his ex-wife when she was brought up on murder charges. That showed real class.

Grandma Cracker

Love, loved, loved you. RIP Andy......

Bone

Prayers to the family of a truly great talent and the many of us that knew him.....RIP.

simpson3205@rogers.com

Member that nasty first wife, Claudine Longet who killed her boyfriend, Spider somebody or other. Whatever happened to her?

Ellie G

RIP Mr. Williams.

verlinda

Wow sorry to read that. Grew up watching The Andy Williams Show in the 60's 70's. R.I.P.

myopinion

RIP Andy Williams

GEORGE MCCONNON

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SINGERS - ANDY WILLIAMS AND HENRY MANCINI COLLABARATED ON MANY HITS INCLUDING - MOON RIVER - CHARADE AND THE CLASSIC'' DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES'' -THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR MUSIC

CLINT

I can't remember ever hearing anything bad about this man. No scandals or drunken car accidents. He was a real star and a great guy. Unfortunate that the youngsters of today that are stuck with so-called celebrities like Snookie, Lohan, Kardashian, Bynes and the rest of these nut-cases they fawn over will never know what real celebrities are like. Rest in Peace, Andy Williams.

dierdre

Andy Williams was definitely one of the great singers of his time, with the likes of Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc. He was a real crooner, and will be missed. I always listened to his songs at Xmas time, and to me always made me happy listening to his music. May he R.I.P. He lived a good life. God Bless him and his family.....much love. A true gentleman...

Martha Kavanaugh

I grew up in Des Moines, always aware of the Williams Bros. and their music. They were superb. He will surely be missed.

PowerBlue

Rest in peace, my friend. Your voice will be sorely missed...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments