'Sons of Anarchy' Creator

Johnny Lewis Was

On a 'Destructive Path'

9/27/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0927_kurt_sutter_01
"Sons of Anarchy" creator Kurt Sutter -- who also plays "Big Otto" Delaney on the show -- isn't one bit surprised by Johnny Lewis' death yesterday ... claiming the actor had long been on a "destructive path."

Sutter posted a statement on Twitter this morning about Lewis' death, calling it "a tragic end for an extremely talented guy, who unfortunately had lost his way."

Sutter wrote, "I wish I could say that I was shocked by the events of last night, but I was not."

He added, "I am deeply sorry that an innocent life had to be thrown into his destructive path. Yes, it's day of mourning, but it's also a day of awareness and gratitude. Sadly, some of us carry the message by dying."

As we reported, Lewis was truly on a "destructive path" before his death -- being convicted of several violent crimes before allegedly murdering his landlady yesterday.

disembedded

"Yes, it's day of mourning, but it's also a day of awareness and gratitude. Sadly, some of us carry the message by dying." What on earth does that mean??

Parker

WHY IS TMZ GIVING THIS MURDERING FOOL AND TIME AT ALL...IT IS REPORTED THAT MORGAN FREEMAN HAS DIED AND I DONT SEE OR READ ANYTHING ABOUTH THIS GRETA ACTORS LIFE....NOW THERES A STORY OF SOMEONE WORTHWHILE!

Parker

R.I.P Morgan Freeman · 949,309 like thisAugust 27 at 9:57pm · ..At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to a artery rupture. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.

Gretel

What message is that? That it's too bad somebody didn't blow his head off before he slaughtered an innocent woman and her pet?

P-Rob

Morgan Freeman is NOT dead! Look it up!

She's baaaack

Profound ain't it?

Rob Zombie is King

This is insane! Love you Kurt and the rest of the SOA Team.

raybone11

1 down 2, to go
BTW they always die in groups of 3
Johnny Lewis aka half sack makes 1 who will die next. you never know Mr. Freeman may be number 2 I doubt it but you never no but trust me over the next 30 days 2 more acters or actresses will passaway

Truth

Another POS flushed down the toilet. No sympathy for the s***bag. Sorry and RIP to his victim.

Bruno

I'm surprised by some of the venom here. Obviously Johnny was one f'd up guy and his actions were beyond horrific. But he was also someone's son, grandson, brother and friend. Mental issues and drug abuse stole him away from those who loved him. I have deep sympathy for the woman he killed and her family. But I have just as much sympathy for those Johnny left behind. I hope he finds the peace in death that he couldn't find in life.

ShrinkWrap

Some people just can't handle fame and fortune. Too bad the innocent elderly woman had to die with him.

Nostradamus

"Sadly, some of us carry the message by dying."
Typical dramatic yet meaningless drivel from Suter. He thinks he's so abstractedly insightful.

raybone11

This is funny how everyone including the police have already closed the case on this. Here are the facts as they have been stated by the news reports, Johnny Lewis released from jail came home. Johnny than walked over to his next door neighbor and introduced himself as John, than he went back home. A short time later Johnny Lewis is seen jumping the fence and going after a painter who was working next door and attacks him for some unknown reason, MAYBE just maybe Johnny thinks this guy killed his landlord. Than nothing next thing is Johnny is found dead from blunt force trauma than a little bit after finding Johnny dead they find his landlord dead from again blunt force trauma.

Melissa

Most likely he means awareness of the awful toll addictions take on people. Gratitude that some people are able to get past their demons and survive or to have not ever fallen into the hands of addiction.

Carrying the message by dying would be that he, by dying, is showing us all how bad addictions are to some people. Just my opinion.

Michael Forever

In other words, Kurt Sutter couldn't stand his guts, and that is why he would post such a comment. Secondly, why is he on television and cannot afford his own place? I know times is hard, but damn!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments