Maria Shriver

Friends Call 'BULLSH*T'

on Arnold

10/1/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100112_arnold_60minutes_v2

Arnold Schwarzenegger was lying through his gap teeth when he claimed Maria Shriver KNEW he was banging other women during their marriage ... this according to multiple sources connected to Maria.

Arnold fessed up to cheating on Maria multiple times during his interview with "60 Minutes" last night ... saying Maria knew about ALL of his trysts.

But one source close to Maria tells us ... "BULLSH*T" -- saying Maria never would have defended him against all of the groping claims several years ago had she known Arnold was stepping out. The source also says Maria would have ended the marriage had Arnold told her.

Another source tells TMZ ... Maria definitely suspected Arnold was screwing around behind her back ... but it was never discussed until she confronted him about his love child with the maid.

But we're told Maria was really in love with Arnold during their marriage ... and was truly crushed when she learned of his betrayal.

Butters_Creamy_Goo

stonechops

Why is he such a big deal? I dont get it

mar1ey

I think she suspected it. He had been accused of touching other women while they were married. But in the Kennedy family, women looked the other way when men "behaved badly." She stood by him until she could no longer deny the son looked like Arnold. That is sad. Arnold must really have beat her self-esteem into the ground.

Montclair Grandma

Apparently Maria was the wronged party throughout
all of their marriage. His tell all book is such a trashy
thing for him to do. No one cares about him or his
life. My sympathy to Maria and their children for having such a classless ex-husband/father.

Pudding Tang

slightly stoopid

Mandy

What reason would he have to lie about it?

Lucy

I think Arnold has lied for so many years, it comes naturally to him now. His pathetic displays the last few days, in a desperate attempt to get people to buy his book coming out today, is disgusting. He's hurting people all over again, and he doesn't care, because he's so damn arrogant. I won't be reading his book--I just don't respect him at all. Maria is so lucky to be away from this lying loser.

jen

She left him when she confirmed that the maid's son was Arnold's. I'm calling bs too. I think she probably suspected but if she'd of known for sure I believe she'd of left him back then too. We know for sure Arnold is a liar. Team Maria

King34

I'm a cop you idiot !!!!!

jl

Are you Sara Conner?

miu

Is he smiling or is it the look of a bit too much plastic surgery? Or is it both? I'd like to punch this face. :) He'd look better after, that I'm pretty sure.

amazinglybored

Really TMZ a teeth joke? Why so juvenile?
She's Kennedy though, she knew, she probably just didn't think it was to the extent it was.

kimba

Last night he said he had cheated on her while they lived together for 8 years. He just avoids bad news. He avoids his responsiblities. He's a jerk and his almost x wife was a fool.

tenley

It's sad that Maria has sunken to the level of feeding TMZ her spin, after her high-profile role in the field of journalism. I mean, she rejected the 60 Minutes offer to have comment in the piece it aired but apparently has 100 percent control over TMZ's presentation and thus is happy going this route instead.

MsSuburbia