Honey Boo Boo Family

TLC Gave Them

HUGE RAISE

10/1/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0928-honey-boo-boo-thompson-family-TLC
June Shannon, Honey Boo Boo and the rest of the clan got an enormous salary raise from TLC after the second episode and they didn't even ask for it ... TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... the family received between $5,000 and $7,000 an episode at the beginning of the series. We're told after the second episode it was apparent to TLC they had a big hit on their hands, so network honchos approached the family and told them they were boosting their salary. Our sources would not be specific ... but they say the increase gave them somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 an episode.

We're also told TLC volunteered to cover various expenses, including a bodyguard/driver for Sugar Bear, who was incapacitated after his ATV accident.

And there's more.  We're told TLC even offered to help the family find a somewhat larger, more secure home, but June refused.  She said she wanted to stay in the house because she makes a big deal over Christmas -- decorating the house for the community.  June is heavily involved in her town.

And one more thing on the money front.  We're told agents have been "swarming" around the family, trying to sign them but June has turned them away.  She says she doesn't want to make money the sole object of the show and she's worried if she signs with an agent that person will talk her into making various appearances that will take her away from her family.

Gotta say ... the family feels like the real deal.

Linda

You know, I think they have more class than a lot of the other reality shows like....Kate plus 8 and Kardashians that pimp their kids for money. This family is happy the way they are and God bless them for turning money hungry managers down and keeping it real. My husband hates this show..but I get a smile out of it. Their house is clean, she clips coupons to make ends meet and her children are her number one priority. Not the money they can make her...but the fun they get to have together. I will continue watching.

twilightmom

@Regina Phalange (Phoebe you are not! Ok!?)
Have you ever considered like, I don't know, maybe SHUTTING THE F(L)UCK UP????
Damn! You have to have some kind of input on EVERYONES comments. People have the right to their own opinions without you jumping in and telling them they're stupid or questioning their opinion because it differs from yours!!! Nobody gives a flying fvck about what you feel, so again....try something new, like SHUTTING UP!!!

Firstchoice

Love the show, because it's drama free for now! More power to them.

ObietigerThis

It makes me laugh how people come on to site tell people they know some one on TV is so wonderful and they know for sure they are wonderful parents or they are this or that gee have been to dinner,have been to these people's house ,are you their next door neighbor?They act like they best friends with the person.Unless you can prove you been to their house people should stop looking at what TV shows them and blurting out they knew a person is so wonderful.Guess what people behind the hidden TV camera these people have things to hide.

authntk1

Why doesn't TLC get the whole family on the Biggest Loser instead of promoting this insanity??????????

ratbag

Beautiful family portrait. Is there any way it can be blocked internationally so people won't have a worse impression of the average American family?

Heidi

I would recommend keeping negative opinions to yourselves in regard to this family. I admit I watched the show looking for a laugh at their expense. I was very surprised however to find a loving, involved, and accepting family. Although they might not be the epitome of "educated", this family shows what its truly means to be a kind and good person. That has to count for something. C'mon.

Dee3678

Come on white people do better...I blame it on mitt romney

S

It's so sad that they will make way more than Teachers do.....I have nothing against them personally, but seriously.........this is pretty pathetic

Jen

Glad to hear it. If those Kardashians make millions, this silly, loving family should make some bank too. They may be hicks but they are a very loving family who is SO fun to watch.

backfire

They are getting robbed. 15-20grand for 6 regulars? Please

backfire

They are getting robbed. 15-20grand for 6 regulars? Please

Kristen

I don't care what anyone says.. as foul as they may be at times.. this is one family who is truly happy. And as much as some of you may hate her, I think for the most part June is a good mother.

Spicy mag

Welfare pays more than TLC.

Sybil

TLC = The Learning Channel - what a joke!! How is watching these Hillbillies a learning experience? I learn more from the Discovery or History Channel than this trashy channel. Thank goodness there are other networks and channels, otherwise I would cancel my cable and sell my tv! Thee folks who watch this must be the same no minds who make the no talent Kardashians rich.