Honey Boo Boo Family

TLC Gave Them

HUGE RAISE

10/1/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0928-honey-boo-boo-thompson-family-TLC
June Shannon, Honey Boo Boo and the rest of the clan got an enormous salary raise from TLC after the second episode and they didn't even ask for it ... TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... the family received between $5,000 and $7,000 an episode at the beginning of the series. We're told after the second episode it was apparent to TLC they had a big hit on their hands, so network honchos approached the family and told them they were boosting their salary. Our sources would not be specific ... but they say the increase gave them somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 an episode.

We're also told TLC volunteered to cover various expenses, including a bodyguard/driver for Sugar Bear, who was incapacitated after his ATV accident.

And there's more.  We're told TLC even offered to help the family find a somewhat larger, more secure home, but June refused.  She said she wanted to stay in the house because she makes a big deal over Christmas -- decorating the house for the community.  June is heavily involved in her town.

And one more thing on the money front.  We're told agents have been "swarming" around the family, trying to sign them but June has turned them away.  She says she doesn't want to make money the sole object of the show and she's worried if she signs with an agent that person will talk her into making various appearances that will take her away from her family.

Gotta say ... the family feels like the real deal.

johnnydanger

TLC has made losers - and their lives - a source of revenue.

the_truth_hurts

they all need to be gassed...nothing but trash in the south

michelerae53

I tried watching a few time and stopped because I feel they are teaching their children bad manners, worse habits and no respect. Love is ok but you have to teach children more than that.

moxie

I just hope the whole family is on an aspirin regimen.

Oh A 💛💋

Why do they look like that ?

Diamond Goddess!

I think June is REALLY smart--why pay the agent's cut?!
They are still underpaid, considering their ratings.
(BTW, I LOVE the anti-Kardashians!)

ashley

you know Jon&Kate are pizzzzed off, lololol
For real tho, they seem like down to earth people, not quite my cup of tea, but whatever!
I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to bottle that dam Go-Go Juice, I think I might have to try that stuff...I like to be amp'd up. Mountain Dew mixed with Red Bull, I'm not into calories though...

Diamond Goddess!

They're the PERFECT recession-superheroes!
It's like the anti-"Dallas"!
I get it now.

Christine

I am sorry I still don't understand the appeal of reality tv. All you are doing is watching everyday people go about their scripted lives. It all seems boring to me. It's like you paying to watch your neighbor take a crap.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

I'm glad June is keeping the show real. Had she succumbed to all of the upgrades, the show would have changed and would not be worth watching, IMO.
Love me some "Honey Boo Boo"

nyc44th

And to think . . . 'TLC' stands for 'The Learning Channel' !! . . . But all they are doing is 'dumbing down' America with BS reality shows like this!

Joan K

I have heard so much about this family of late that I thought before I judge I will watch an episode or two since TLC had them on all weekend. I did watch one and a half and couldn't make it through the second show because it was disgusting. I know I wouldn't have made it through even one if there was smellavision. I couldn't take it anymore with the farting, burping smelling each other and looking at fat and weird body parts. Where is the real talent?

Swins

Strike while the iron is hot! You have no talent, nothing to really offer and your fat kid will be pregnant in under 10 years, if the family history holds true.

The BEST thing you could do for your "family" is to make as much money as quickly as possible and figure out how to properly invest or save it.

Swins

TLC needs a rebranding effort, change the name from The Learning Channel to The Loser Channel !

Mare

TLC - The Learning Channel.... what exactly is this show supposed to be teaching us?? How NOT to raise children?!!! Disgraceful. I will also NOT watch a show where there are sub-titles, when they are already speaking English! UGH...