Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

tony

Nikki Minaj should be shining Mariah's shoes! As soon as the gimick of her runs out...She's history!!

c2woods

It is not nice to cuss out your elders

Jah36

Poor Keith Urban...he's probably thinking, "damn, what did I get myself into sitting in between these sreggin!" Animals!

haha

GO OFF NICKI!! put that old bitch has been in her place!! LOL this season is going to be exciting!

Anthony

This disrespectful ****. Mariah is a LEGEND, Nicki a ****ing flop-as ho. She needs to learn how to shut up.

marti

put them b*thcin each other out on TV,I'll watch that

MiICHAEL

MARIAH NEEDS TO SLAP HER SO NICK CAN STFU!!!

Dina Lohan

We, the Lohans, are totally with Nicki... even though I think neither is as talented as my gorgeous Lindsay... screw Mariah! Even my beautiful Ali can out-sing that overweight fat yucky windbag screwed by Tommy Mottola!

Lil' Kim's Ken Doll

Nicki is threatened by Mariah's natural beauty and god-given talent. Something Nicki does not and will NEVER have.

Jim

They are getting just what they were wanting. 2 Divas with one that has a bone to pick.

Truth

LOL, OH MAN...!!! BUT SRUSLY, I RATHER SIT BESIDE A HOITY-TOITY SELF-RIGHTEOUS HIGH CLASS BITCH LIKE MARIAH THAN A HOODLUM GANSTA UNTALENTED HOODRAT LIKE NICKI MINAJ WHO SHOULD JUST COMMIT SUICIDE AND SAVE THE ARMORY A BULLET. #TRUTH!!

Wow ...

Security, escort her out. Lawyers, get us out of that contract. This 'woman' will bring our show down, because parents will not allow our target audience to watch this bs every week!!

Maybe Mariah is a diva, but she knows her business. She is a living legend, like her or not. The woman sings!

Sylvixen

American Idol should definitely fire that ghetto ass woman !!!! She's to going to sink that show even deeper.

Dina Lohan

I just spoke with my beautiful Lindsay and Ali. They both indicated Mariah Moo Moo can just suck it... My gorgeous Lindsay and Ali never ever lie! So graciously, Mariah, please suck it.

kiki

Mariah all the way. The lady has been in the industry for decades and has a real voice! I don't care if she is a diva or demanding or whatever. The woman can sing like a bird and will be remember forever. Can't say the same for the other 'lady' she is more famouse for her outfit and big ass, let's be honest. I think producer they put her on board to refresh the show but it made it just more tacky. Let her go, she has no talent no experience, what can she possibly teach?