Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

John H

Why does Nicki think she's even earned the right to be judging? She's a product of pop vocal wannabe gangsters. She's a clown. Her music is catchy, at best, and her vocal talent is in the minus range. She puts the ho in ghetto and the fact that she's even popular blows my mind. Someone take this hood rat out and feed her to the rats that raised her.

Tara

Kick that Biotch to the Curb.. Nicki is nothing but trash..

R. Cortez

She looks and sounds like a 5 year old who needs a nap.

Mikedarican

Seriously??? Niki Mincrap is the worst!!! WTF has she seriously done to make her queen be? The bitch is INCREDIBLY overrated! She ****ing SUCKS!! Mariah has proven her worth time and time again for YEARS!! Mariah is infinity every bit better than Niki Crapaj willstever ever be! **** this hoodlum gangsta bitch! Just like the ****ing Source awards and BET awards another ****ing ghetto bitch trying to be VIOLENT! Does anyone see the ****ing connect the dots here or what??? **** these rappers toss em back to the sewers! All they do and promote is ****ing violence wherever they go... They cant handle fame or money and just want to make our country look ****ing whack! I hate this ****, kick that **** out

Eric

NICKI is a **** trash bag with money and no respect girl you are nothing but a ghetto whore with money! get some class about your self your whats wrong with the world, yelling and cussing don't work! bitch better back down

Patrice Michelle

I love them both 7 BOTH can be Divas, so I'm sure Mariah egged Nicki on. Let's stop acting like Mariah doesn't have a MAJOR history of causing fights. Its not all on Nicki sorry! I'm just saying Mariah is amazing as a singer but that has nothing 2 do with how bitchy she can be twds fellow artists. https://www.facebook.com/Trecycup1122

Diamond Goddess!

I'd WAY rather watch Nicki!
Mooriah just got some of her own khuntiness thrown back in her face, and by a woman who'll TOTES back it up!!!
LOVE IT!
I may actually watch.
Look at Keith and Randy dealing with these 2! LOL!!!

Majestik

Watch how many more episodes like this happen. I still believe the producers did this on purpose. They are trying to pull a Simon Cowell with the Brittney B.S. during auditions for X-Factor. This actually REEKS of scripted. What better way to get viewers. Hell, it works for Real Housewives and Basketball wives. Might as well throw some cat fighting in.
Hell, if this keeps up, I just might have to tune into "Here comes Honey Boo Boo!".

Mikedarican

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What Urban needs is one of those signs that says "Shut the **** up biatch" that he can hold up with out saying a word.

devilgirl

Nicki Massage sux.

audiofish

Do you really need 4 judges?

Rocko

Nicki can talk sh*t all day long. As you notice, she didn't get her fake a** out of her seat to do anything about it. Take out the trash.

SupermansVixen

The hood needs to come out in Mariah and just knock Nicki the F$@ck out!

LCS27

Call Chris Brown as a guest judge every time this ghetto trash start bitching