Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Danielle123

So how did this become an issue of talent? Nicki never said she was more talented than Mariah. They are in two different genres and have been in the game for different lengths of time. Try again. The fact that people refer to Mariah as a queen shows how low of a self esteem some of you have. So quick to call a celebrity, who believes of herself to be a queen as well, with you all stans being her peasants; however, you won't even call your own mother a queen. Pathetic. Mariah is talented without a doubt, but that doesn't give anyone a right to be a bitch. If it was you in Nicki's position, you would have defended yourself as well. Because you're a legend I'm supposed let you constantly degrade me? Hell no. That's absolute bull**** and if any of you would allow that to happen if you were in Nicki's shoes then my god, you are truly pathetic.

Danielle123

That's the problem. We constantly uplift women who are "divas" and b*tches today and it's sad. MC needs to take her seat and move it on along. You can't keep making rude comments to somebody and expect them to keep their cool. People are saying "Nicki should have been professional." Um, maybe Mariah should have acted her age and not like a petty teenage girl and kept her sly remarks to herself. Mariah Carey is no queen. She's ****s just like the rest of us. We hate when people demean us so why should be applaud Mariah for doing it to Nicki? Get it together people.

Anti-YMCMB

NICKI MINAJ need to take her own advice, the same advice she gave drake. Young money Cash money is falling fast...Karma is a BITCH!....P.S. STOP SAYING YOUNG MONEY,YMCMB,CASH MONEY IT IS ANNOYING WE KNOW WHAT GROUP YOU ARE FROM STOP SAYING IT OVER AND OVER YOU SOUND STUPID(EXCEPT TYGA)

laffnbear

Minaj must have forgotten she is on TV, not at the corner bar drinking boiler makers.

Rustylou

Because of Nicki Minaj this is the first year ever I am not watching American Idol. To many other shows to watch and enjoy and not have to put up with her.

tag

Nicki is totally out of her league. Idol had no business hiring her as a judge. She has not been in the game long enough to qualify as a judge. EPIC FAIL.

Arteo

Nicki or Mariah, Nicki or Mariah…Such idiocy. What about that poor soul that was auditioning. To most of those kids, this is and might be the biggest moment of their lives and THESE people put their own pettiness above these kids dreams. This clip kinda sends the message: We are more important than you. American idol is more about the panel Stars than the actual people trying to get their foot in the door. Judging by all the comments, no ones has taken into consideration the unprofesionalism, childishness, and more or less not given a flying f(_)ck about the contestants, the audience, and viewers. If you have a beef, you do it behind closed door and not in the face of the public….diminishing yourself in the eyes of that same public. It was unprofessional behavior and has cast a pall on the show. Now, are people going to view the show to see young hopefuls trying to realize a dream or if some one is going to act out? i fear the latter….so much for making the show about the talent….

Cindy

One of them has to leave the show. They obviously can't work together and it isn't fair to the contestants.

Mr Nice

Nicki is letting her "*****r" hang out too far...girl you're an idiot.

SpeedDemon

nicki m. is a ignorant person. she's the one that's blowing up and cussing, being completely immature about what ever they where arguing about. MC is sitting there calmly and being very professional, she doesn't have to raise her voice and be ignorant, there's a time and a place for that, this clearly wasn't it. great artist dont have to be loud and rude like NM, she will forever be irrelevant.

Danielle123

What is even worse is that these two made a song together a couple of years ago. Mariah gave the ultimate shade first which in my opinion, makes her the fakest woman alive. You were fine with Nicki when she could bring in the $$$ since no one in their right mind was checking for you but now it's an issue? Oh OK. Its not right and her being a "legend" shouldn't excuse her behavior.

Chloe

I am so ticked off .. The Producers of I.A. must think we are all idiots. They must be pretty worried and desperate to put out this crap ! I.A. is not longer about the young people so excited to work hard to make their dreams come true. It is about the narcisistic judges and how they can promote themselves. I am so over I.A. I will continue to watch "The Voice", a true singing competetion with great judges and fabulous contestants.

RellsWorld

I would love to see all of you who commented against Nicki Minaj, sit around and be disrespected. Just because someone has more accomplishments than another, doesn't grant you the right to disrespect someone else. If Mariah was giving constructive criticism that would be something totally different than calling someone a bitch! Madonna has more record sales than Mariah, and more accomplishments. So does this give her the right to disrespect Mariah Carey anytime she pleases????? Just because you may not like someone, doesn't give you the right to disrespect that person. Mariah Carey deserves respect for her hard work, but does that mean I deserved to be called out my name and be disrespected. Both of them should have handled the situation a lot differently, especially in front of the camera.

James

Nicki Minaj is a ghetto beotch. She needs to stfu and act like a professional. I hope AI dumps her.

Linda

Get rid of both of them!

Previous 15 Comments | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments