Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

JP

Boring...publicity needed for a show going down hill.

fred

As a gay male, I hate when the media pushes the flaming ***s down our throats.. The gay male stereotype is embarassing. Nicki is a ghetto female that perpetuates the negative sterotype of blacks.. I hope she is not an icon but an embarassment to blacks

CAndace

And Minaj need to STFU and go buy some chicken wings that old butt injected skank

purejuice

minaj is smoking crack. maria is an idiot too.

R34

It confuses me as to why Mariah would be surprised about AI hiring a popular artist in favour of a talented one. She's so high and mighty it's sickening.

S

Soooo how did we get this video from a closed set??? Oh thats right FOX and American Idol released it. I guess they think scripted whore fights will bring back ratings. I mean this is so 4 years ago Jersey Shore. And if U are believing what your seeing is real and not scripted then I guess Honey Bo Bo is also on your top show playlist.

sarah

I grew up listening to Mariah's music. She has an amazing voice and I love her music. She is very talented, But she is a diva and has a big ego.. I love Nicki Too. To Some she isn't talented, that's because you are not into that music. That's like saying Keith Urban isn't talented because you don't like Country music. They are all talented, but both of those girls have big ego's and are both divas, it was a bad idea to have them both on the same show haha. Idol should have REALLY thought about it before hand, or not... they only want ratings anyway haha.

Daisy

Oh please, Nicki needs to shut up. She is an untalented clown that needs to depend on crazy outfits and shock value to entertain people. Mariah has been working for 2 decades and will be remembered forever as one of the best voice of our time. In a few years no one is going to know who that clown Nicki is. She's such a moron.

leelee55

I didn't understand a word she said....someone help me with that....what was she saying?

Connie

These two women's egos are so big it's stupid crazy! Theyre making this all about them...what about the contestants? And poor Keith.... he should get out NOW! He has way too much class for these two.

MONIQUE

GET RID OF NICKI...GHETTO, IGNORANT DIVA.....Mariah has class...maybe if Nicki acts so much like a Diva she will act her way right out of lucrative deals and back to mix tapes. I mean REALLY...Mariah Carey is who she is, who cares....everyone is different...why can't she just SHOW SOME CLASS and do her job? SICKENING.

Connie

These two women's egos are too big for one stage. Idol will become all about them... the contestants will not even count. They are ridiculous! And Keith Urban get outta there while you still can!!!

MONIQUE

GET RID OF NICKI...GHETTO, CLASSLESS AND JUST PLAIN CHILDISH. I am boycotting American Idol until they get rid of her.

daisee

Niki Minaj should have never been a judge. It was ok with just Mariah, Keith and Randy....keep it clean.......

JimmyLee

What were they thinkin' puttin' two black divas on together????

Previous 15 Comments | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments