Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

cathy

4 judges is too many anyway. let one go!

Steph

Oh, looks like I won't be watching Idol anymore.

angela

I will not be watching this year. These judge are not a good panel. 1 country white guy and 3 black people. Not equal. This team will be the last of American Idol

jeff

niki is a no talented childish 3yr. old ghetto bitch!!!! mariah is so refined ....f- off niki...you will be nobody in a few years!!!!

Nat

I really think Minaj shouldn’t be on the idol simply because she hasn't paid her dues in the industry. I love Mariah she been around way longer than Minaj. Minaj has a bad problem with disrespecting artistes that been around longer than her.

Nat

Nat

Aliyyah Bolden

WHY is Nicki "fake ass talentless bitch" Minaj even a judge on American Idol????? Mariah Carey is on another level than her and is way better. That fake ass bitch should be off, especially threatening someone's life. ****ing cotton candy hair, looking ridiculous. NICKI GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE. PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR. MARIAH CAREY IS WAY BETTER THAN YOU BITCH.

CK

GOOD GRIEF STICK UR PINK HAIR IN UR MOUTH AND JUST SHUT UP..DUH I;M BAD,I'MBAD...A---E

Richard Edwards

I knew Minaj was going to be trouble for Idol right from the start. She is a Thug and has no manners. She sounds like a Squealing Pig when she talks and that does not say much about her singing. I used to like Idol but maybe not anymore.
Suck It Minaj.

lebonne

Is manaj speaking in English? WTF ? I m hooked on phonics and I'm learning to read . Lol!

CourtB

Both of these women sound like idiots.

Mariah, you messed up your career when you had to settle for "soft whispers" instead of the powerful voice you ruined with cocaine and heroine, that stupid movie Glitter, and your sorry husband! You dont look or sound the same- get from under the knife!

Nicki, you career falls on your botched plastic surgery job and the fact that Young Money is and never will be nothing without you or Drake. Your a commercial rapper who will do and say whatever to make a quick buck. Smart...but not respected and you wont last too much longer... or at least until your butt sags to your hamstrings!!!

Both of you....STFU!!!

CourtB

RESTATEMENT: MARIAH CAREY USE TO HAVE WAY MORE TALNET...IN THE 90'S...WHEN SHE USE TO ACTUALLY SING NOT WHISPER.....

Courtney Liebman

Nicki has no talent at all and she is nothing like Mariah Carey lol...!! Mariah Carey had some of the greatest songs when I was a Kid...!!! :) so yeah lmao??!!!...

jr

I think this is all fake just to get rattings since the voice is smoking them.... but if it was i think nicki is just protecting her self, mariah is there just saying what she done in the past yea thats great we know if we wanted to know we can google it... but i think they should just stfu and do there job and find the next great singer!

Previous 15 Comments | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments