Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

LK

THIS EXACTLY Y THEY HIRED THESE 2 IDIOTS LOL
DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA !!!

Majestik

Well, if you all haven't gotten the biggest clue of all that this was SET UP. Minaj claims she told them, IE: The producers, when she signed on that she wouldn't put up with Her HIGHNESS. If that's not a SETUP by the money hunger, need ratings crew I don't know what is. Producers are choked? ROFLMAO, this is EXACTLY what they were banking on.

Elizabeth Bart

Nicki is a no-talent, classless wanna be. What were they thinking by adding her to American Idol??

crema

Saw this coming....not a fan of either but Mariah has the talent.

ROMAN

Everyone knows that Mariah Carey is a complete ******* when it comes to getting along with others. Listen to warning by Eminem. There's a reason why he dissed her out of all people. How come noone complained when she said she don't like Ryan Seacrest look and that he needs to change it. But yet she's not a bitch. Like Ryan haven't been on Idol for years. How dare she. She is hasbeen status.

Mike L

Nicki needs to get it through her thick skull that she's a stupid piece of trash who's just there because the producers couldn't sign the better people they wanted. She needs to just sit on her ass, and shut the hell up. She's a nobody now, and will always be a nobody. Her diva attitude has no basis behind it except for the other pieces of trash from her record label.

erd16

I already know mariah deserved what nicki said. mariah is a huge b*tch and wayyy too much of a diva. i don't care who disagrees but nicki minaj > mariah carey.....i hate that mariah is on the show

furious cupcakes

Two huge egos coming together here. Both think they are the biggest star in the room. Nicki may be hot right now, but there is no question that Mariah is an icon and bigger star here. However, in reality, they're just both disrespecting Keith Urban by being unprofessional at work.

Bitch please

And here goes the drama. Just like we all predicted. What contestants.

carroll

Minaji needs to go !!!

xu1993

Team Mimi

Majestik

Blah, Blah, Blah, producers are worried about them co-existing, blah, blah, blah.
Wasn't it TMZ that reported about how UNHAPPY Mariah was and made demands that Nicki not be hired?
Was it NOT TMZ that claimed there would be something happening and that both sides, even before Nicki was hired were already trash talking?.
Now TMZ is reporting this yet has the CLUE, she warned the producers she wouldn't put up with Mariah?
I'm sorry, but if I handed a long time talent 18 mil and some chick out of no where becomes a star in the past year starts getting up in my ear as a producer, before even signing her. I would've told her to take a hike unless they saw the RATINGS explode because of the drama. I call B.S. on the whole thing, they are trying to pull a Simon Cowell, Brittney B.S. thing.

ummm?!

NM proved herself to be the foul-mouth I said she would be. I'd take MC "highness"/ diva ways over that filthy trash mouth any day.

rv223509

I think Nicki is being ghetto by going off like that but lets keep it real Mariah is a major diva who thinks she was sent to us by God. Her diva ways day in and day out would get old.

Daniel

Ahhh American Idol. You should've gone out while you were on top.