KONY 2012 Founder

Naked Meltdown is

'Not Who I Am'

10/3/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1003_jason_russell_oprah
KONY 2012 founder Jason Russell is finally speaking out about his naked meltdown ... telling Oprah Winfey, "That person on the street corner ranting and raving and naked is not me."

Russell sat down with Winfrey for the Oct. 7th episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter" -- and tried to explain what happened to him on the day he broke down back in March.

TMZ first posted the video of Russell's meltdown, showing him frantically babbling about the devil and pounding the concrete.

O's people have yet to release a clip of the interview ... but they did release the following excerpt:

OPRAH: "What do you remember, Jason?"

JASON: "I remember me flipping off cars."

OPRAH: "Flipping off cars? Like with your..."

JASON: "With both hands. I remember that just like 'doot,' just like a little memory. I remember running around our lemon tree. I remember ..."

OPRAH: "There were reports that you were breaking into cars?"

JASON: "There are reports. I mean I think I was stopping cars in the street. People said I was laying in the street – it's a busy street – I was laying in the street."

OPRAH: "How did you get your robe off? How do you go from running out with your robe on to your robe off?"

JASON: "Again, it's really hard to explain if people who have never had an out-of-body experience, but it really wasn't me. That wasn't me, that person on the street corner ranting and raving and naked is not me, that's not who I am."

JASON: [I remember] walking around snapping my fingers up and down ... slapping my hands on the ground as hard as I can. Just slapping them on the ground. Talking to myself. Ranting. Raving. Talking about good versus evil, God and the devil. I mean it was just very out of control."

Honeys Booboo

Jackin' it, jackin' it... Jackitty-Jack.

Chistopher

I know conventional wisdom will say this guy was hocked up on PCP or Meth and/or has some mental disorders. But is it not conceivable, especially for one with spiritual beliefs, to think it may just be deeper then that? I mean, look at the movement this guy started. He tried to eliminate the person behind a genocide of children, that originally started as a spiritual movement. If there aren't some serious good vs. evil forces at play here, when could there be?

If this guy was tripping on something, I don't see him on Oprah trying to explain himself. Your burrying that experience in your mind and hoping people will eventaully forget. Your doing things to save face, but your diverting questions and "dancing" around the subject. Your not booking Oprah and trying to explain yourself. Like always, my personal opinion.

stargazer

His entire organization has been proven to be a sham, so I really don't believe a word out of his mouth. I can't believe Oprah would sink to the level of having him on her show.

niles

The ole possessed-by-demons excuse.

DaveT

Take a couple extra doses of Vicodin or Oxycontin and you won't be behaving much different than this dude, country is hooked on prescription pills, many of which cause dozens of side effects and behavior just like this guy's behavior

tippy katz

drugged by kony's peeps

Vernon P. Alarcon

4. KonyBoi jus had be taken a bubble bath an he use da rong bath salts. It's not his fault an he can't member anything. He jus a victim......

Observer

I believe he was possessed and probably magical ritual has been performed on him. These things exist the same way people's mind exist without seeing them. You don't have to always see something to prove it exists.

Cao

Someone put the juju on him.

laffnbear

Anyone suppose he is Roman Catholic?

Blue Lake

Why is Oprah giving this creep a minute of air time? I hope this is not the new direction for OWN which should be smarter and embracing more of an audience than this perv will bring in.

bon

voodoo. It is real.

Neal

This was the GAYEST " out-of-body experience" i ever seen. Is he back to be straight?

LK

HE DID A BAD BATCH OF BLOW
CUT WITH PCP METH & BATH SALTS
SORRY ABOUT UR BAD LUCK DUDE
JUST SAY NO !!! LOL !

Cookie

"That person on the street corner ranting and raving and naked is not me." Oh sweetie, yes it is.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments