« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Matt Barnes

I'm Sorry for Calling Cop

'Fa**ot,' 'Pu**y'

10/3/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002_matt_barnes_tmz_article_3
L.A. Clippers star Matt Barnes is apologizing for calling the cop who arrested him a fa**ot and a pu**y.  In case you're really bad at "Wheel of Fortune," one word is derogatory toward gays ... the other toward women.

Barnes tells TMZ, "I would like to apologize for the unfortunate language I used.  I know that certain words are extremely hurtful."

Barnes goes on:  "I meant absolutely no disrespect to anyone.  This comment, spoken in the heat of a difficult moment, does not accurately reflect my actual point of view."

As we first reported, Barnes and the cop clearly had beef.  The same officer stopped Barnes twice before and waited nearly 2 hours in a Manhattan Beach, CA parking lot last July for Barnes to leave a restaurant -- then arresting him for driving on a suspended license and resisting arrest (see dash cam video below).

1002_matt_drops_f-_bomb

Barnes eventually pled no contest to misdemeanor interfering with a cop and driving while not in possession of a license. He got off with a fine and informal probation.

Barnes tells TMZ, "I hope that any and all offended parties can accept my sincerest apologies."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Bitch please

This cop sounds like a creepy stalker.

Jordan

If you remove those types of words out of your vocabulary you will not have to ever appologize for anything.

JAMES LAKOVISH

they should have aressed that loud mouth ugly broad that was with him

Bambi

Just another Laker loser. No morals, no class.

Jackie

LOL...too many sensitive people on earth. so if he called the cop A**hole...would he have to apologize?

Kabala

Not so fun when you get censored yourself, huh, TMZ? BIG *****FACE!

NOT ELMO

They are always looking for trouble....

LISA

Seems to be a trend... caught on tape followed by an 'apology'. Why not just own it? Swear words are usually not meant literally. I doubt anyone was offended.

liquidbabydoll

people shouldn't use retard as put down either

Phishie from Philly

Now you're sorry. You should have taken responsibility and took care of the warrant and suspended license a long time ago and this would have never happened. Being a B Baller and the money you make you should have had better sense. If you would have gotten into an accident and hurt someone your ins may not cover it and you could lose a lot of money by being sued.
Phishie from Philly

Oh A 💛💋

I still don't like this dude

timmons

TMZ: "Pu**y" is not a derogatory term against women. Nobody ever calls women "pu**ies." Your writers say the stupidest things in an effort to sound witty. Instead they sound trite. You should know by now though that most of us come here for the comments anyway; sorry to confuse you with my moot point.

aquanet

That should read, "Sorry, I got caught on tape calling the cop what I did."

bigcasino

what a donkey. yeah, he's sorry, now.

Dale

I just apologized to my cat because I bought Puss 'N Boots last weekend. Then I accidentally spilled some Spot Remover and now I can't find my dog. Should have stayed in bed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments