Nicki Minaj

If I had a gun

10/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1003_nicki_mariah
update_bar
Nigel Lythgoe
tells TMZ, "The statement [that Nicki made a death threat] is absolute rubbish.  It's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form." Nigel adds that Mariah confronted Nicki this morning and asked if she made the death threat and Nicki said absolutely not. Nigel says Mariah's people are stirring the pot and gave her bad info.

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
's rant on the "American Idol" set Tuesday went way beyond name-calling ... she threatened Mariah Carey's life -- this according to sources connected to the production.

Our sources say ... in the heat of the argument, Nicki said, "If I had a gun I would shoot her."

The alleged threat was not captured on the video obtained by TMZ.  But this is interesting ... if you listen to the audio closely, 11 seconds in you hear Nicki say to Mariah, "Off with your head! Off with your head!."

A source close to Nicki says the singer calls B.S. on the death threat allegation.

wendy

you can take the girl out of the BET awards, but you can't take the BET awards out of the girl.

furious cupcakes

So not having a gun is what's holding her bag from "killing" her? Really? Because I'm watching the video and she's like 3 feet away from you and you still didn't do anything.

furious cupcakes

AI is going to have to amend this show. There's no way these two can work together.

rosa

I hope they take off that Lady Gaga wannabe.

Pimpcessa

While I'm sure MC is no walk in the park to be around, just the sigh of NM is vomit inducing. NM made her success off of newer digital music capabilities and dressing/acting up like a clown, while MC made her star rise from pure vocal abilities. There's absolutely NO comparrison between them. Although I'm sure MC, and her diva antics would make me want to throttle her on a regular basis. I think the execs are even wondering whether this was a good move or not now. And I doubt very seriously NM even has an idea how to shoot a gun, much less hit her target! This is just her shtick!

Magnum

Poor Keith Urban. You couldn't pay me enough to be in between those two whiny whores.

bob

OK, we all know that Mariah is a diva, but she's also a very successful singer (great voices) and songwriter who is qualified to judge singers. Nicki Minaj, on the other hand, is not qualified to judge talent...she's a clown. She should never have been picked to be a judge. I never watch this show, but it seems that the producers have made it more about the judges than the contestants.

Pimpcessa

Wonder how long Keith will put up with this nonsense. I couldn't imagine being in between these two....

weaver6d

Nicki needs to chill the f,,, out/ she's a mirror of today's generation no manners, disrespectful..not only to her co-host but to the fans who really don't need the drama ...so many woman have paved the way for her parade around her ignorant ass, making records records totally meaningless....she needs to go....holla people...tired of these young ignorant kids thinking they rule the world. Mariah you don't need this sh........ , terroristic threat can get you put in jail.ms minaj...why don't u just leave

HRH Prince Michael

P.S. "WE won't let another Mutha-F**** Elvis happen!" DAWG.
ALL, in -near- DUE time, chumpsters.

SunSk8tr

Bozo the clown shouldn't even be on there. She has zero talent & can't even hold a note to Mariah Carey even if she tried. Enough w/the wigs and outlandish costumes already Nicki - we've seen the colored hair on KPerry, Rihanna, Gaga, etc. Are you a poser? I guess FOX - AI is really hurting for ratings. Get rid of the ghetto trash.

Mel

HATE both their music! so many other talented people to choose from and they choose these no class chicks? oh well I haven't watched AI in years shocked its still on TV actually!

Pimpcessa

Maybe this is the same kind of publicity stunt the X-Factor pulled with Brit Brit always "walking off stage" during auditions for no reason. What a load of horse pucky!

Mary Ann McQueen

Like somebody would admit it?? Really, this is what you would call a hostile work environment....

debi60

Can anyone say hostile work environment? What is wrong with people?