Nicki Minaj

If I had a gun

10/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1003_nicki_mariah
update_bar
Nigel Lythgoe
tells TMZ, "The statement [that Nicki made a death threat] is absolute rubbish.  It's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form." Nigel adds that Mariah confronted Nicki this morning and asked if she made the death threat and Nicki said absolutely not. Nigel says Mariah's people are stirring the pot and gave her bad info.

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
's rant on the "American Idol" set Tuesday went way beyond name-calling ... she threatened Mariah Carey's life -- this according to sources connected to the production.

Our sources say ... in the heat of the argument, Nicki said, "If I had a gun I would shoot her."

The alleged threat was not captured on the video obtained by TMZ.  But this is interesting ... if you listen to the audio closely, 11 seconds in you hear Nicki say to Mariah, "Off with your head! Off with your head!."

A source close to Nicki says the singer calls B.S. on the death threat allegation.

Ally

Poor Keith Urban. He's forced to deal with those two drama queens......one who has her head in the clouds, and the other one who has her head up her arse. Way to keep it classy, "ladies".

Michael

Nigel says "Mariah's people are stirring the pot"

Classic and obvious attempt to blame the VICTIM. I know NIcki is uneducated, but don't tell me she is stupid enough to confess to doing something illegal to someone who already doesn't like her.

bertmama47

You hire a crazy infested drug addict to a National TV Show, with a classy judge and what do you get. A s***bag who belongs in some alley behind the dumpster during what she usually does. The Produce who hired this piece of **** got exactly what thet hired, an untalented, vile, appalling..scab, who should not be exposed to young kids....she belongs in jail. FIRE HER ASS! GIVE THE JOB TO SOMEONE WITH CLASS. HIRING HER AS A JUDGE LOWERED THE CLASS OF YOUR SHOW TO THAT OF A JERRY SPRINGER SHOW! WON'T WATCH YOUR SHOW OR WILL ALLOW MY KIDS TO WATCH SHOW AS LONG AS SHE IS ON THE SHOW. SHAME!

Jerome

Love my job, since I've been bringing in $82h… I sit at home, music playing while I work in front of my new iMac that I got now that I'm making it online… Fox89.comLINK

Jackie

Nicki Minaj isn't fit to shine Mariah Carey's shoes. It was insulting to the other judges to hire her in the first place. Nicki's been famous for 5 minutes (and fading) Mariah has been the biggest selling female artist of all time for like 20 years now, Keith Urban has been on top of the country charts and touring the world for about 10 years, and Randy has been successful as a bassist and producer for 20+ years......then there's Nicki...the ONLY reason she's known is because she dresses like a slutty clown & has fake body parts....the Kim K of the music industry..LOL

Laurie

She never should've been hired, period...not watching AI anymore because of her. You have to have talent yourself in order to judge others.

Fyona

Don't know why they even hired NM. Idol is over

Sarah

Lets hear something that's not showered in F words, Nicki...perhaps some talent would be refreshing!

scoopie

Fire Nicki before we get stuck watching her in January.

VICKY

SPARE ME FROM ANY MORE MINAJ!! PRODUCERS DID A DUMB THING BY PUTTING A BLACK LOW CLASS STREET N_____ WITH A HALF BLACK MID-40-S MATURE DIVA WHO HAS PAID HER DUES. MINAJ IS A ZERO...IN TALENT AND PERSONAL LIFE AND VALUES. GUESS THE SHOW WANTED THIS...WITH THEIR AUDIENCE FADING QUICKLY. WELL GUESS WHAT? ONLY LOW CLASS STREET GOONS LIKE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR. DITCH THE BITCH WITH THE CLOWN WIG!!!!

carisd

This is why I am done watching American Idol. With these two as judges I am so done. Can't stand either one of them.

Mystery

Minaj.. no wonder Madonna MDNA:DOA likes her.

Melissa

I can't even comprehend this. Mariah Carey's is a legendary icon with the octave to back it up, Nicki is a monkey's ass.

Mike

I think it might be interesting for American Idol to have a cool, down to earth girl like Alanis Morissette. She's a hippie, flower child type like Sheryl Crow. She'd make American Idol a little more laid back and "real".

Alanis could bring some of her Canadian wilderness backpacker "centeredness" and "zen" to the show. She'd probably be a good influence on Mariah and they'd have a good time hanging out during the show and after. Katy Perry is pretty good friends with Alanis. In her early 20s, Katy had the same producer that Alanis did from the 1990s who helped rocket her to huge success. Katy was rooting for Alanis to get the gig I hear. Alanis just had a new album come out and she's on tour so it would probably not work out. Oh well, maybe next year.

Big D